News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Penn State Goings-On

Started by jimmy olsen, November 06, 2011, 07:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2011, 12:52:01 PM
Been reading the grand jury report.  Man - he's a classic rpedator, with a well-honed technique for grooming his victims.

Yep.  He likely had been doing this since he was a young man.  I have seen so many cases exactly like it.  It is incredible how well these guys get people to cover up for them I mean it is ridiculous.  Even the lowest criminals consider raping a child a disgusting act yet over and over again respectable institutions provide cover for these guys even when they suspect what is going on.  The webs they spin to groom these kids and con people into providing cover for themselves is remarkable.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 09, 2011, 12:15:08 PM
I might have to go to the Penn State at Ohio State game. Just to see JoePa ride off into the sunset.

Seriously dude.  Too soon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: Rasputin on November 09, 2011, 12:52:37 PM
he is told by a graduate assistant that he witnessed sandusky (assuming the veracity of joe pa's version of events) in the shower with a boy who appeared about ten

According to said graduate student, who the grand jury found to be very credible, he told Joe Pa that Sandusky was engadged in the act of sodomy with a bout who appeared to be ten.

I don't care how old a friend he is - if someone tells me that my friend is raping young boys I do a hell of a lot more than Joe Pa did.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on November 09, 2011, 01:04:27 PM
Been reading the grand jury report.  Man - he's a classic rpedator, with a well-honed technique for grooming his victims.

Yep.  He likely had been doing this since he was a young man.  I have seen so many cases exactly like it.  It is incredible how well these guys get people to cover up for them I mean it is ridiculous.  Even the lowest criminals consider raping a child a disgusting act yet over and over again respectable institutions provide cover for these guys even when they suspect what is going on.  The webs they spin to groom these kids and con people into providing cover for themselves is remarkable.

Just curious - what kind of work or studies do you do that you've seen many cases like this?

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2011, 01:09:00 PM
Just curious - what kind of work or studies do you do that you've seen many cases like this?

Out of college I worked with boys who had been sexually abused or who were sexual predators themselves...naturally the populations overlap to the point of being almost identical.  My father is also a psychologist who has worked with those kinds of kids alot for the past 40 years.  He has been an expert witness in hundreds of cases.  The Catholic Seminary in central Texas also has him screen every single applicant.

Rasputin

Quote from: Valmy on November 09, 2011, 01:02:34 PM
if we accept that thus far there is no fact known which would suggest that in 2002 joe pa should have believed his friend of 34 years capable of such a monstrous act, then it's reasonable to assume that joe pa might j have had some skepticism about the veracity of the allegation.

But this is not the first time Sandusky had been under investigation for this stuff.  He was investigated for an incident in 1998 which totally coincidentally corresponded to when he was forced out as DC.  Surely a second accusation should have forced Joe Pa, the moral compass and the leader at Penn State, to take serious action.  You are really asking me to give this dude an enormous benefit of the doubt to the point I am supposed to assume Joe Paterno is either an idiot or so deep in denial he is out of touch with reality.  I mean he let the dude on campus for years, with young boys against the University's own policy, for years after this even while the freaking Grand Jury investigation was going on.  How could you interprete that differently than Joe not just being skeptical about the accusation, but outright supporting his long time friend and assistant coach Sandusky?

First re-read the entirety of what I've written; I've not given Joe Pa the free pass you suggest.

Second, based upon the known facts, there is nothing that establishes Joe Pa's knowledge of the 1998 investigation. I agree that if Joe Pa knows about the earlier allegations, then it's a game changer.

Rather than lynch everybody based upon assumptions, I'm merely analyzing the known facts at present.
Who is John Galt?

Razgovory

He was born that way.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on November 09, 2011, 01:18:21 PM

He was born that way.

okay, gaga.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Rasputin

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2011, 01:05:57 PM
he is told by a graduate assistant that he witnessed sandusky (assuming the veracity of joe pa's version of events) in the shower with a boy who appeared about ten

According to said graduate student, who the grand jury found to be very credible, he told Joe Pa that Sandusky was engadged in the act of sodomy with a bout who appeared to be ten.

I don't care how old a friend he is - if someone tells me that my friend is raping young boys I do a hell of a lot more than Joe Pa did.

i said assuming the veracity of joe pa's version of events; joe pa's version differs from the ga's.

If we accept the ga's version of events then joe pa needs to be on trial for perjury with the two adminstrators whose perjury charges flow from testifying differently than the ga.

Who is John Galt?

crazy canuck

What about the guy who saw the 10 year old getting raped in the shower.  Why the hell didnt he step in and stop it?

I agree there is a lot of blame to go around here but I cannot understand that part at all.

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 09, 2011, 01:25:13 PM
What about the guy who saw the 10 year old getting raped in the shower.  Why the hell didnt he step in and stop it?

I agree there is a lot of blame to go around here but I can understand that part at all.

Cause there were two naked guys in there?  What, do you think he was gay?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

I agree there is a lot of blame to go around here but I cannot understand that part at all.

In the heat of the moment it is often hard to know exactly what to do.

But afterwards, he seems to have done the right thing.  He went and talked to a number of people.  And given how sainted he is, he probably figured all he needed to do was talk to Paterno.

Valmy

Quote from: Rasputin on November 09, 2011, 01:16:58 PM
Second, based upon the known facts, there is nothing that establishes Joe Pa's knowledge of the 1998 investigation. I agree that if Joe Pa knows about the earlier allegations, then it's a game changer.

Rather than lynch everybody based upon assumptions, I'm merely analyzing the known facts at present.

There is indeed nothing concrete that establishes Joe Pa's knowledge of the 1998 investigation.  That is speculation, reasonable speculation IMO, but speculation non-the-less.  But it has always been a bit of a mystery why Sandusky was booted to the curb so suddenly when his defense seemed at the height of its powers.  However I am not calling for Paterno to be lynched, merely removed from his job as Penn State head football coach, which should have already been done based on his own testimony.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2011, 01:33:03 PM

In the heat of the moment it is often hard to know exactly what to do.

But afterwards, he seems to have done the right thing.  He went and talked to a number of people.  And given how sainted he is, he probably figured all he needed to do was talk to Paterno.

You have to wonder though how this dude was able to just sit there and watch Sandusky walk around a free man on campus for years afterwards though.