News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Penn State Goings-On

Started by jimmy olsen, November 06, 2011, 07:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 08, 2011, 06:47:37 PM
Could we start a new thread for this? Really rather not have to think about it.
PM'd Neil on it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

If all they have on JoPa is he knew about Captain Pedo "showering with a 10 year old boy" the early reports of his death may have been exaggerated.  Football locker rooms have group showers.  People shower together.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 08, 2011, 07:16:25 PM
If all they have on JoPa is he knew about Captain Pedo "showering with a 10 year old boy" the early reports of his death may have been exaggerated.  Football locker rooms have group showers.  People shower together.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/sports/ncaafootball/penn-state-said-to-be-planning-paternos-exit.html?_r=1

QuoteMr. Paterno's day-to-day status with the program could be affected by the attorney general's investigation. In explaining his actions, Mr. Paterno has publicly said he was not told of the graphic nature of an alleged 2002 assault by the assistant coach Jerry Sandusky of a young boy in the football building's showers. He said the graduate assistant coach who reported the assault, Mike McQueary, said only that something disturbing had happened that was perhaps sexual in nature.

But on Tuesday a person with knowledge of Mr. McQueary's version of events called Mr. Paterno's claim into question. The person said that Mr. McQueary had told those in authority the explicit details of what he saw, including in his face-to-face meeting with Mr. Paterno the day after the incident.

Caliga

If you read the indictment, which I did and quite frankly do NOT recommend that others read :x , the coach who witnessed Sandusky abusing the kid supposedly was extremely distraught and told Paterno what it was that he witnessed.  Nobody gets extremely distraught over a group shower, especially not an ex-football player.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

McQuerey the WR coach who witnessed the rape testified to the grand jury that he explained in explicit detail what happened to JoePa.

Paterno reported to the AD that some fondling or something of a sexual nature happened.

The AD reported to the President that there was horsing around in a shower.

Supposedly that's what went down. But I, and many believe it's impossible that JoePa could not have known Sandusky was investigated in '98.
A coach knows a third string long snapper is cited for underage drinking before his parents, there's no way he couldn't know about that investigation. He didn't start going senile to 2008, he was still sharp and on top of that stuff back then.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

PDH

Because nobody was willing to start a new thread.

JoPa will be gone, lemmonjello will be the new HC.  Tim will still manage to be a complete cockmunch and still try to sound pompous.

Post away.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

JoePa will turn into a lich and strike down his enemies.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Rasputin

Who is John Galt?

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on November 08, 2011, 08:22:46 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 08, 2011, 07:45:08 PM
JoePa will turn into a lich and strike down his enemies.
"Will" turn into? :hmm:

He still quests for Vecna's green playbook.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

There on the verge of a pro Joe riot down there, I hope the police crush them without mercy.

1 Karma Chameleon point