Main Menu

Penn State Goings-On

Started by jimmy olsen, November 06, 2011, 07:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 08, 2011, 01:47:20 PM
Props for this guy.

http://i.imgur.com/Irxra.jpg

Um you going to explain that?  An old guy burning a book in front a courthouse?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2011, 01:46:53 PM
When you consider it involves college sports... not so much.

And it all just happens to come to light the week after Joe Paterno breaks the all time wins record for Division I.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on November 08, 2011, 01:52:48 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 08, 2011, 01:47:20 PM
Props for this guy.
http://twitpic.com/7c6cy8

Um you going to explain that?  An old guy burning a book in front a courthouse?
Meant to post the above link, which explains it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 08, 2011, 10:54:06 AM
Hmm...how are banana's usually referenced in sexual jokes?

What could caramel and peanuts represent in such a joke? :hmm:

Are you fucking kidding me? If you were 13 and still confused I'd think you were just a bit dense, or been home schooled your whole life. But you're a grown man, there's no way you don't understand.

Is that a banana in your sundae or are you just glad to see me?  :hmm:

I don't think I've ever heard a sexual joke involving caramel and peanuts.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 08, 2011, 01:57:48 PM

Are you fucking kidding me? If you were 13 and still confused I'd think you were just a bit dense, or been home schooled your whole life. But you're a grown man, there's no way you don't understand.

Is that a banana in your sundae or are you just glad to see me?  :hmm:

I don't think I've ever heard a sexual joke involving caramel and peanuts.

[butthead] He said "nuts". [/butthead]
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: grumbler on November 06, 2011, 09:49:28 PM
And, this is no shit, the name of Sandusky's autobiography is "Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story," http://www.amazon.com/Touched-Jerry-Sandusky-Story/dp/1582613575/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320634085&sr=8-1   :lol:

Since when does an assistant coach write an autobiography?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 08, 2011, 02:15:01 PM
He was a nationally renowned defensive guru and founded a huge charity that "helped" over 100,000 children a year.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 08, 2011, 02:15:01 PM
Quote from: grumbler on November 06, 2011, 09:49:28 PM
And, this is no shit, the name of Sandusky's autobiography is "Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story," http://www.amazon.com/Touched-Jerry-Sandusky-Story/dp/1582613575/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320634085&sr=8-1   :lol:

Since 2001 apparently.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

Wow, this just completely sucks.

I am not a Penn State fan, but this just really, really sucks. Penn State, no matter what jokes are made about Jo Pa, has always been the great example of what college football was all about, the intensity, the competition, but still doing things right.

This is like finding out that Mother Theresa dealt drugs on the side or something.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on November 08, 2011, 02:20:08 PM
Wow, this just completely sucks.

I am not a Penn State fan, but this just really, really sucks. Penn State, no matter what jokes are made about Jo Pa, has always been the great example of what college football was all about, the intensity, the competition, but still doing things right.

This is like finding out that Mother Theresa dealt drugs on the side or something.

Yep.  This Joe Paterno I am learning about today is not the one I had heard about my entire life.

Caliga

A bunch of my friends and relatives are Penn State alumni and the main thing I keep hearing is how ashamed they are to be alums right now. :( 
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

sbr

Quote from: sbr on November 07, 2011, 07:27:40 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 07, 2011, 07:18:43 PM
Quote from: sbr on November 07, 2011, 07:13:26 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 07, 2011, 01:43:38 PM
Quote from: sbr on November 07, 2011, 12:21:46 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 06, 2011, 08:43:38 PM
Could this be any more wrong? :XD:

http://creamery.psu.edu/products/food/sandusky-blitz

I don't get it.
:huh:

I'm not sure what is so :XD:-worthy.  I read all the whole label and ingredient list to see and didn't see anything that caught my eye, the name or flavors didn't either, though I am not versed in child molestation jargon so maybe I missed something. 

I can't imagine it is just the fact that there happened to be an ice cream named after someone who was an important and beloved figure in that community and turned out to be something no one else expected.
Think of what the guy is accused of and then look at the main flavors/ingredients in the Sandusky Blitz and the jokes just write themselves.

Banana, caramel and peanuts

:hmm:  I'll take your word for it.  Unless you want to share one of those pre-written jokes.

I had a feeling that is where you were going with it but I don't find it funny, I kept hoping there was something more to it.  I would understand a 13 year old finding a banana funny in a sexual context but you're a grown man, aren't you?

jimmy olsen

:XD: Doesn't mean you find it ha ha funny. You find it ironic in a black humor type way.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Could we start a new thread for this? Really rather not have to think about it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?