News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

If you're only getting one (1) handgun, there are secure gun safes the size of shoe boxes.  Perfect fit under the bed for the modern man-about-town.  Hell, I have one that fits in my nightstand drawer.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 23, 2017, 06:46:38 PM
If you're only getting one (1) handgun, there are secure gun safes the size of shoe boxes.  Perfect fit under the bed for the modern man-about-town.  Hell, I have one that fits in my nightstand drawer.

Hipster
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on August 23, 2017, 07:06:24 PM

Hipster

I have them, I didn't say I use them.  The shoulder holster is slung over the back of the chair, in proper noir fashion.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 23, 2017, 07:08:31 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on August 23, 2017, 07:06:24 PM

Hipster

I have them, I didn't say I use them.  The shoulder holster is slung over the back of the chair, in proper noir fashion.

Nice.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

New rifle should be here Wednesday. Finland FTW.

CountDeMoney

It's getting cooler.  And that means the layered look.

HVC

So I've heard the guy was rich, which puts a different spin on it.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tamas

I have found it really disgusting that a lot of people in the US are coming up with defenses, immediately after a single guy mows down 600, on why there is no problem with the gun culture in their country. It is sickening.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on October 03, 2017, 10:56:09 AM
I have found it really disgusting that a lot of people in the US are coming up with defenses, immediately after a single guy mows down 600, on why there is no problem with the gun culture in their country. It is sickening.

If the crowd had been carrying sniper rifles they could have taken out the shooter.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I know.  I see people complaining that "the gun will be blamed".  Poor gun.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Like what?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 03, 2017, 12:21:44 PM

Like what?

Watch it, Tamas!  He's got a bead on you!

DGuller

:rolleyes: Now is not the time to politicize this, 59 people just died.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on October 03, 2017, 05:46:31 PM
:rolleyes: Now is not the time to politicize this, 59 people just died.

'Yeah, lets talk gun control in a while, sometime down the road; preferably when I'm on a golfing holiday.'
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson