American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://abcnews.go.com/US/year-accidentally-shot-dead-year-cousin-nashville-police/story?id=47886882

Quote7-year-old accidentally shot dead by 2-year-old cousin, Nashville police say

Police in Nashville, Tennessee, believe a 2-year-old accidentally shot dead his 7-year-old cousin on Tuesday afternoon.

The victim, 7-year-old Harmony Warfield, was in an apartment Tuesday with four relatives: her 29-year-old aunt and children ages 14, 11 and 2, the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department said in a news release Tuesday evening.

"The children were in the kitchen area when a shot was heard," police said. "The 14-year-old reported that the 2-year-old was holding a pistol."

Harmony was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where she died, police said.

Police said the pistol has not been recovered.

Police said they were told that a friend of the 29-year-old aunt, 27-year-old Anthony Sanders, was outside when the shot was fired. Sanders allegedly "went inside the apartment to see what happened, and then ran from the area," police said.

Police are looking for Sanders to question him about his knowledge of the gun. Anyone who sees him is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 615-742-7463.

On average, seven children and teenagers (age 19 or under) are killed with guns in the U.S. each day, according to Everytown for Gun Safety, which cited data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Other stories:
Grandmother of Chicago girl shot in head says she's 'fighting for her life at 11 years old'
Girl, 6, starts school a month after being shot in the head
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

At one of the gun ranges I use, the safety guy on the line has the nickname of Bullshit Bobby. Fucker has the poorest trigger discipline I've seen and when he talks, he gestures with the pistol in his hand. The fun part is he failed becoming a cop and is a wannabe. Yes, he one of those.

I don't think I'm going there anymore. Just to the gun store part.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Is this NRA video I see going around facebook for real?

https://www.facebook.com/NRA/videos/1605896562755373/

Because WTF does that have to do with gun rights? But I will say making yourself sound like a right wing militia does inspire me to think about getting a gun so well played NRA.  :lol: :ph34r:

I guess they miss Obama but holy shit. I probably should be upset but that is such fear mongering bullshit I cannot stop from laughing at it. Is it fake? Fake NRA video news?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Well at least they tested it first before they filmed it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I dunno, William S. Burroughs didn't have any problems.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2017, 03:07:23 PM

Because WTF does that have to do with gun rights? But I will say making yourself sound like a right wing militia does inspire me to think about getting a gun so well played NRA.  :lol: :ph34r:

I guess they miss Obama but holy shit. I probably should be upset but that is such fear mongering bullshit I cannot stop from laughing at it. Is it fake? Fake NRA video news?

No. It's a real one, and it features the NRA spokeswoman. You can find it on the NRA YouTube channel.

It basically implies you should arm yourself in preparation for another civil war.
Que le grand cric me croque !

CountDeMoney

She certainly deserves a clenched fist of truth, alright.  Several of them.  In various orifices.

garbon

Why does the NRA or its members care what is happening in cities? They should just be happy that they aren't forced to live in them. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Hey, the NRA video has the SuperBeets lady! :w00t:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

What was up with awards shows outrage? Clemson fans mad about how the Liberals gave the Heisman to Lamar Jackson?

Anyway it was fun and all when the NRA was threatening to overthrow oppressive governments but lets back off from going fully insane eh guys?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

They are already broken and fully insane.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: Oexmelin on June 28, 2017, 09:43:31 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2017, 03:07:23 PM

No. It's a real one, and it features the NRA spokeswoman. You can find it on the NRA YouTube channel.

It basically implies you should arm yourself in preparation for another civil war.
it's a really scary country you live in.
You should get a gun too, the NRA fans are likely to start shooting at every non armed resident for fear of them being dangerous radicals.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Minsky Moment

Angry lady.  I tempted to say she needs to smoke some weed but it would it just worsen the paranoia.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson