News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Picked up a Mossberg 500 on a screaming deal.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Berkut

i've been thinking about getting a handgun.

Given that I live in a condo, what would I need to properly secure it, while still making it reasonably accessible?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on August 23, 2017, 02:33:22 PM

Given that I live in a condo, what would I need to properly secure it, while still making it reasonably accessible?

How good are fingerprint gun locks these days?

If I lived in a place where handguns were legal, that's what I'd look into. On the internet, at least, they look fast and user-friendly, but I have no idea how they work in reality.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

I just leave mine laying around, on like a coffee table or something.  Fully loaded.  Safety off.

'MERICA
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

For carry?

if not

If just for in home defense, if I could give a recommendation, get you a "no frills" Remington 870 or Mossberg 500/590 12 gauge w/ 18"-20" barrel. You don't need all the fancy tactical bullshit. Its overrated anyway.

You wont need slugs or 00 buck, that shit will blow through walls. Load with regular 2 3/4 low base 7 or 8 shot shells (see pic). Your range will be very close inside a residence.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

derspiess

This is what I use.  Very quick access and keeps the kiddos locked out: https://www.amazon.com/Gunvault-GV2000S-Multi-Vault-Standard/dp/B001XZZA6A/ref=pd_sim_60_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3YSERMSEKBYEPY3MS1BE
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on August 23, 2017, 02:49:33 PM
I just leave mine laying around, on like a coffee table or something.  Fully loaded.  Safety off.

'MERICA

That's okay, because the magazine always falls out before anyone tries to fire it?  :hmm:

:P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

11B4V

Or if you don't feel like cleaning up a bunch of blood.

CountDeMoney

What makes securing a firearm in a condo any different than securing it in any other kind of dwelling?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 23, 2017, 03:36:50 PM

What makes securing a firearm in a condo any different than securing it in any other kind of dwelling?

I assume, less space for big heavy gun safes.

Berkut

Quote from: Malthus on August 23, 2017, 03:49:38 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 23, 2017, 03:36:50 PM

I assume, less space for big heavy gun safes.

COrrect. I don't have anyplace for a large safe, and the condo is small, so having to go get the gun if I needed to is no big deal - nothing is all that far away.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Just please don't use that Cobra pocket pistol for self defense.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall