American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2017, 08:43:24 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 30, 2017, 11:07:47 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2017, 10:06:31 PM
Terminal ballistics for a +P 9mm round are in the ballpark of .45 ACP.  Not every 9mm handgun will handle that load, mind you.

English?

If your objection to the 9mm round is that it's not powerful enough, there are 9mm rounds available that are much more powerful than the standard 9mm round-- some of them are roughly on par with the stopping power of a .45 ACP round.  This "hotter" load is too hot for some 9mm pistols, but others such as the Glock 17 or 19, will fire it without any issue.

Bah, Glock 20 or go home. :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on May 01, 2017, 06:30:41 PM
Just stick with the .45 ACP. As a bonus get in the GOVMIT model type pistol (M1911). You can also beat the shit gotta them with. All steel FTW

I love my 1911a1, but my Glock 17 carries 17 rounds. 17 rounds is good.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2017, 06:58:24 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 01, 2017, 06:30:41 PM
Just stick with the .45 ACP. As a bonus get in the GOVMIT model type pistol (M1911). You can also beat the shit gotta them with. All steel FTW

Eh, hit what your aiming at :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on April 29, 2017, 09:27:11 PM
I've only really fired two handguns extensively.

The Model 1911 .45, and the Berretta 9F, both in the army of course.

I really don't care for the 9mm caliber.

On the other hand, I was a MUCH better shot with the 9F.

Get a Ruger SP101 357 Mag, 2.25″. If 357 is too much, run 38 SPCL in it.

And learn to use these

Then never look back

11B4V

Home defense you say....

or

Load with 00 Buck or if worried about blowing through wall (apartments), load it with high base 4 or 6 shot

Oh and learn to patrol load and combat/port load correctly and smoothly.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on May 01, 2017, 07:00:04 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2017, 06:58:24 PM

Eh, hit what your aiming at :P

See, we can't just bag our first darkie, we need to ventilate all the unfortunate shoppers as well.

Ed Anger

Ruger LCR .357 is good in a ankle holster. Yes, I occasionally use an ankle backup. Eat me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

The point of an ankle holster--other than blood clots-is to actually be able to reach the holster, Hawking.

Ed Anger

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2017, 08:07:24 PM
The point of an ankle holster--other than blood clots-is to actually be able to reach the holster, Hawking.

:lol:

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on May 01, 2017, 08:09:08 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2017, 08:07:24 PM

:lol:

Hard to get to yours in the tiny guard shack. I KNOCKED OVER THE TV

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 01, 2017, 08:08:57 PM
I can touch my toes, fatty.

I can too  :mad: 

Just once, though.  And then I have to lay down.

Ed Anger

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 01, 2017, 08:04:51 PM
Ruger LCR .357 is good in a ankle holster. Yes, I occasionally use an ankle backup. Eat me.

As above, dump the ankle and get a good molded hip holster. Your knee will thank you later.