News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on December 21, 2011, 10:11:02 AMDepends on the companion.  I know the first Sith Warrior companion is a twi'lek slave girl who prefers if you take more 'light' options

Not only. She also likes when I ask people, "What's in it for me?" before doing a quest, or give snide remarks. She seems to have a soft spot for innocents/the weak and slaves, obviously.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Ya, my my bounty hunters cyborg companion likes when i'm cocky or ask about money. She does not like when i flirt with other woman, though :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: katmai on December 21, 2011, 10:31:08 AM
Join us CC and together we will rule the Galaxy!!!1

:D

When I get back I will.  Atm i am busy going to the beach between rain showers.  During rain showers I am enjoying something called Monkey Juice which doesnt actually have any juice.

Valmy

Wait does every class in this game get a 'pet'?  :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on December 21, 2011, 12:48:59 PM

Yes.  In effect every class is a pet class.  They don't get brought out in flashpoints though unless you are short of members.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on December 21, 2011, 12:48:59 PM
several. and a ship which houses them. They do your crafting and resource gathering too, which i cool. unfortuantly until you have more then one it means that you go solo, which is shock sometimes when you're used to your healer pet.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Barrister

I was tempted for a couple of seconds to roll a bounty hunter so I could eventually get the jawa companion.

HVC

i think you get him lateish, so you'd have to put a lot of work into it. Mako is good though.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on December 21, 2011, 12:50:57 PM
several. and a ship which houses them.

You start with a ship?

Dang.  Wish I had the time to play this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

So how close does the gameplay feel to WoW? Does it follow that same combat formula?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on December 21, 2011, 12:57:46 PM
Quote from: HVC on December 21, 2011, 12:50:57 PM
several. and a ship which houses them.

You start with a ship?

Dang.  Wish I had the time to play this.

You don't start with one.  You get it ~lvl 18 I think.

MIM - very very much like WoW.  If you've played WoW you know how combat in this game works.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Drakken

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 21, 2011, 01:18:00 PM
Except no Auto-attack.

But auto-targets after starting to attack if other targets are close by. Makes the combat feel cinematic, which I like.

Plus I don't need manually turning around to face my enemy, like in LOTRO.

katmai

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 21, 2011, 12:46:31 PM
Quote from: katmai on December 21, 2011, 10:31:08 AM
Join us CC and together we will rule the Galaxy!!!1

:D

When I get back I will.  Atm i am busy going to the beach between rain showers.  During rain showers I am enjoying something called Monkey Juice which doesnt actually have any juice.
But does it have Monkey in it?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Scipio

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 21, 2011, 10:02:43 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 21, 2011, 09:56:10 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on December 21, 2011, 07:37:39 AM
I thought for sure I would play the Sith, partly because I thought most people would be playing Jedi.

You clearly are unfamiliar with the MMORPG demographic.

When WoW came out most people went Alliance - which was great for those of us who went Horde because when pvp content was added horde didnt have long wait times to enter the pvp content. I thought the same thing would happen again.
You ignored the popularity of the /em NOOOOOOO! voiced by Hayden Christensen.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt