News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

FM 2012

Started by The Larch, October 20, 2011, 12:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

I always have loaned players as backup. So I don't care if he is pissed off, his contract expires at the end of the season. Sometimes you have older experienced but poor quality players available for free I get him on a one year contract.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Warspite

Quote from: Viking on March 29, 2012, 12:20:02 AM
Quote from: Warspite on March 28, 2012, 05:08:16 PM
Yes I know, but when I lose the ball, I am simply unable to win it back until a goal kick. The defensive mids stand their gawping while lazy attacking passes roll past them. The defenders happily show the attacker inside rather than actually trying to win the ball back.

In fact I don't really have the pacy defenders to play a very high line, nor have my teams the creative talent to unlock compressed defenses. I am forced to play with a middlingly high line. If I play counter attack, see first para.

So you have a crap players and your team loses to teams with more quality? I'm not really surprised.

Defensive midfielders with anticipation, concentration and positioning 15+ are not "crap" players.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Viking

Quote from: Warspite on March 31, 2012, 06:47:10 PM

Defensive midfielders with anticipation, concentration and positioning 15+ are not "crap" players.

What about marking, tacking, jumping, heading, bravery, work rate, strength?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Pedrito

After months of neglect, yesterday I've started a new career.

As always, Juventus.

As always, the addiction has returned, worse than ever.

I'm trying a tactic that reflects the one Conte has been using with excellent results this year, i.e. a 3-5-2 with Pirlo as a defensive playmaker floating between the defense and midfield lines. This can be easily shifted to a 5-3-2 if I'm in need of more cover on the flanks, simply by moving the lateral midfielders one step back towards my defense line.

I just played some friendlies, but I've snatched a 1-1 draw at Milan's that is quite a good result.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Warspite

Quote from: Viking on March 31, 2012, 06:59:48 PM
Quote from: Warspite on March 31, 2012, 06:47:10 PM

What about marking, tacking, jumping, heading, bravery, work rate, strength?

Stats nothing to do with interceptions. (Apart from work rate; though tacking I'd worry more about for Americas Cup Manager)
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josephus

200 hours.

What a waste of life.  ;)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

I sold my young midfield star player for €3M + €2M for appearances to Lille, 10 seconds later I fired his father as assistant manager.

I immediately hired Sidnei Lobo (the brazil assistant manager) to fill his spot. I'm a bastard, I know.

katmai

After 10 seasons  starting in Blue Square South and now fighting for Promotion to EPL my club president announces he's taking offers and the consortium in takeover talks is planning to replace me, now that is a bastard!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

Quote from: katmai on April 06, 2012, 01:42:53 AM
After 10 seasons  starting in Blue Square South and now fighting for Promotion to EPL my club president announces he's taking offers and the consortium in takeover talks is planning to replace me, now that is a bastard!

Well, isn't it obvious, you were completely incidental to the club's success.

I suggest playing lots of friendlies against incompetent opposition and score shitloads of goals making the board happy. If any of your rivals are in a lower league, play them.

katmai

IT all depends if i get to off season without them selling the Club.

Viking

Quote from: katmai on April 06, 2012, 02:48:32 AM
IT all depends if i get to off season without them selling the Club.

If you impress the new board you keep your job, thats why you should play games

katmai

Quote from: Viking on April 06, 2012, 01:27:47 AM
I sold my young midfield star player for €3M + €2M for appearances to Lille, 10 seconds later I fired his father as assistant manager.

I immediately hired Sidnei Lobo (the brazil assistant manager) to fill his spot. I'm a bastard, I know.

What are top three stats you look for in an Ass Man. :P

Viking

Adaptability, Determination and Discipline are important generally.

Man management is important for advice on backroom meetings
JPA and JCA are important for assessing players as well as assessing potential in youngsters
Motivating is important if you don't do your own teamtalks.

Liep

I just noticed that Bendtner was topscorer in the premier league 2015/16 in my recent game. Completely ruins immersion. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

But he said himself he's one of the greatest strikers in the world. I take the man at his word. :(  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.