News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

FM 2012

Started by The Larch, October 20, 2011, 12:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 14, 2012, 06:56:33 PM
I can never get past four or five season before starting a new game. I just lose interest.  :(

have you tried LLM?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

Quote from: Viking on September 14, 2012, 04:32:59 PM
Quote from: Josephus on September 14, 2012, 04:29:47 PM
Well...he's 19 so consider him a future prospect ;)

not sure how much of a wonderkid he is going to be at age 21 after 1 1/2 year of chemotherapy and no training...

Not sure if the game takes chemotherapy into effect. Would be interesting to compare stats when he's back.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on September 15, 2012, 06:24:12 PM
Quote from: Viking on September 14, 2012, 04:32:59 PM
Quote from: Josephus on September 14, 2012, 04:29:47 PM
Well...he's 19 so consider him a future prospect ;)

not sure how much of a wonderkid he is going to be at age 21 after 1 1/2 year of chemotherapy and no training...

Not sure if the game takes chemotherapy into effect. Would be interesting to compare stats when he's back.

He's back, once his chemo ended I sent him on loan to the netherlands for half a season and now he's back and he's rated 7 half stars in both ability and potential at 21 that is pretty good. He's now first choice (as he was back then) but now the team is much better. I found another chemo patient with great potential only this one was released by his club, he can't pass a medical so I can't sign him....

I need to send one of my scouts to scout out chemo wards across the world.  :cool:

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on October 02, 2012, 12:59:46 PM
sick... :lol:

I have a new standard search filter

Currently Injured - is - Less than 6 months
And
Transfer Status - is - Transfer Listed

It is 2016 and both Davy Pröpper (Vitesse) and Rui Fonte (Espanyol) are long term injured and transfer listed. Ideal candidates as replacements for my present attacking midfielders. I'm buttering them up in public. Their wages are within my price range. Less than 6 months is the longest Currently Injured status available.

Josephus

Wonder if you can edit the filters?
Civis Romanus Sum

Viking

I just sold Cancer-Boy to Fulham for £10M at age 24. Which makes him the most valuable player ever sold out of Norway.

Viking

Bitchslapping the Board is fun.

Viking: I would like the training facilities improved to help our players reach their potential.
Board: We feel the current facilities are good enough for the level of club we are
Viking: If you don't grant this request, I'm not certain that I'll be able to carry on in my job
Board: After considering what you said, we have decided to grant your request. Is there anything else you wanted to discuss?
Viking: I would like a new contract because it is important that the players see that I am committed to the club, and that you are committed to me.
Board: We believe players often work for many managers during their careers and as such have more fundamental concerns when joining a club.
Viking: You must be aware that the fans are behind me and want the same for the club.
Board: After considering what you said, we have decided to grant your request. Is there anything else you wanted to discuss?

Consider the board bitchslapped.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on October 11, 2012, 06:34:01 PM
Never tried that!

Winning the league four times in a row and the latest time winning it with 8 games to go makes this very very very easy easy to do so.

The Larch

Quote from: Viking on September 14, 2012, 02:55:22 PM
My 20 year old Polish attacking midfielder was just put on the injury list. The reason? The player was going to be out for 14-18 months for cancer.

The game doesn't have people die, they just retire. No "Player Robert Enke has retired suddenly, the reason given was suicide". The cancer thing surprised me, I've never seen anything like that before.

Guess they had to have something for Erik Abidal. And he's not the only one I can remember off the top of my head, there were at least a couple of other cases in the Spanish league in the last few years. Guess there's also a provision for weird heart diseases as well, given their recent recurrence.

Josquius

Wow, thats grim.
Wonder if they have players getting injured from falling off bar stools?
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on October 24, 2012, 08:38:34 PM
Wow, thats grim.
Wonder if they have players getting injured from falling off bar stools?

I've seen a few cases of harsh personality changes due to off pitch reasons, usually younger players. A 19 y.o. Model Pro all of a sudden turns into a Tempramental player. The message just comes up, nothing you can do about it. I suppose that is the equivalent of falling off a bar stool, or getting a hooker pregnant, or just plain becoming a dick.

Viking

keeping this alive...

It was a 5-0 win against NAC Breda. But this is sweet, I love my perfect 10s.