News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

FM 2012

Started by The Larch, October 20, 2011, 12:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

Quote from: Pedrito on April 03, 2012, 04:55:30 AM
After months of neglect, yesterday I've started a new career.

As always, Juventus.

As always, the addiction has returned, worse than ever.

I'm trying a tactic that reflects the one Conte has been using with excellent results this year, i.e. a 3-5-2 with Pirlo as a defensive playmaker floating between the defense and midfield lines. This can be easily shifted to a 5-3-2 if I'm in need of more cover on the flanks, simply by moving the lateral midfielders one step back towards my defense line.

I just played some friendlies, but I've snatched a 1-1 draw at Milan's that is quite a good result.

L.
I won the Serie A and the national Cup during the first season :yeah:
Played mainly a 3-5-2 with Vidal as an anchor between defense and midfield lines.
Lineup:
GK Buffon
CB: Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini (defensive, only Bonucci is a playmaking CB)
DM: Vidal, Defense
Lat Mids: Krasic, De Ceglie (if I need more cover on the right flank, Lichtsteiner is shifted in in place of Krasic; if I need more push on the left, De Ceglie goes out and Pepe or Elia go in; support, defense or attack shifted according to the adversary)
Central Mids: Marchisio on the left as Box to Box Mid, Support; Pirlo on the right as Advanced Playmaker, Attack, and booy what a player he is! He won More assists of the league, and came second as best player
Attack: Borriello, on loan from Roma, either as Target Man or as Advanced Forward; Vucinic or Quagliarella as Deep Lying forward.

A quite effective lineup, I've lost three games in all the season, and got some exceptional results like a 0-5 away against Roma, a 0-3 away againt Inter, etc.
The main strength is against narrow formations, mainly 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2; the drawback is, when playing against a classical 4-4-2, the risk of being overwhelmed on the flanks, but  the formation can quite easily be shifted to a 4-5-1 with the same triangle of midfielders, the wingers up and Vucinic played as a trequartista on the left flank, and a single forward, played as Advanced Forward. 4-2-3-1 can be pesky, too, to play against.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Viking

This was pretty funny

QuoteChelsea announce plans for new stadium

The Chealsea board have today announced that the club have been granted planning permission to build a new stadium.

Construction of Strength 13 10 Arena, named after one of Chelsea's heroes,....

I hired Frank Lampard as a fitness coach after his retirement, I nicknamed him Strength (for being my strength coaching first choice) and 13 10 for his JCA JPA ratings.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Viking on June 06, 2012, 08:07:28 PM
This was pretty funny

QuoteChelsea announce plans for new stadium

The Chealsea board have today announced that the club have been granted planning permission to build a new stadium.

Construction of Strength 13 10 Arena, named after one of Chelsea's heroes,....

I hired Frank Lampard as a fitness coach after his retirement, I nicknamed him Strength (for being my strength coaching first choice) and 13 10 for his JCA JPA ratings.

:D

Sounds like an American stadium name.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Finally got the double-hattrick achievement. The FA Trophy is fun.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

My 20 year old Polish attacking midfielder was just put on the injury list. The reason? The player was going to be out for 14-18 months for cancer.

The game doesn't have people die, they just retire. No "Player Robert Enke has retired suddenly, the reason given was suicide". The cancer thing surprised me, I've never seen anything like that before.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

I heard someone on the forums[sega] mention that. It's apparently quite rare.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on September 14, 2012, 02:56:29 PM
I heard someone on the forums[sega] mention that. It's apparently quite rare.

The thing is that this kid, Rafal Wolski is really really good, he plays for the polish national team as a 19 year old and I got him for 1.2 M Euros and he has taken the league by storm. Averaging a rating of 7.7 with 2 MOM, 3 assists and 6 goals in his 10 first games. He's two footed great on the ball and moves well off it high passing and creativity. He can play mc, amc, aml and amr. That means he can play all midfield positions in my three rotating tactics and is quite clearly at 19 one the best players in the league. Then he gets cancer (in the game, not reality).

oh well.. at least he isn't going to die.

Josephus

Well...he's 19 so consider him a future prospect ;)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on September 14, 2012, 04:29:47 PM
Well...he's 19 so consider him a future prospect ;)

not sure how much of a wonderkid he is going to be at age 21 after 1 1/2 year of chemotherapy and no training...

katmai

Anyone Else preorder 2013 yet :blush:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

:lol:

I can't really justify buying it until a Steam sale or some such. I'm using a summer transfer-updated database file for 2012 so all the players are on the right teams now. It bugs me a little that the years are off but it mostly works fine. Mostly.

For example, on the game I have going right now RVP is playing for United and his stats got buffed a little bit. Now he's scoring a hat trick every other game and they beat my Arsenal team to the title on goal difference. WTF :mad:

katmai

@funk
I'm in year 9 of my minnow to EPL attempt sitting in champ league ATM.

FunkMonk

I can never get past four or five season before starting a new game. I just lose interest.  :(

katmai

Heh well playing a squad that started in blue square south and now in Championship means the squad has had lot of turnover each year. :P

FunkMonk