News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

FM 2012

Started by The Larch, October 20, 2011, 12:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

I haven't seen any for kits. In fact I've stuck to just Logo's as had problems with the facepacks out there.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Yeah, I just thought I'd remove the faces again - after some years of playtime the faces will revert to default, anyways.

Shame, really, that the game doesn't come with a facegen á la OOTP - for all its text-basedness, OOTP fantasy leagues just get so much more immersive when you have the player's faces, even if it's just fluff.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Well all the regen players have faces it's just the real players that they don't have you are stuck with the blackout.

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on March 09, 2012, 11:41:07 PM
Whats so special about Bilbao? They can only have Basque players?

Yes, the team only plays basques. I think the definition is that you have to be born in the basque country (in spain and france).

The tradition at Athletic Bilbao is to only play basques, in the game you can only play players with the Basque nationality as a second nationality. In reality the team is much more flexible than the game allows though. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

katmai

Won promotion :w00t:

Currently on a 21-6-1 tear with two games to go and up by 3 pts so close to winning league and my best striker leads the league in Goals and Assists.

Pedrito

Quote from: Viking on March 10, 2012, 03:43:27 AM
Quote from: Tyr on March 09, 2012, 11:41:07 PM
Whats so special about Bilbao? They can only have Basque players?

Yes, the team only plays basques. I think the definition is that you have to be born in the basque country (in spain and france).

The tradition at Athletic Bilbao is to only play basques, in the game you can only play players with the Basque nationality as a second nationality. In reality the team is much more flexible than the game allows though.

The club relaxed a bit in recent years, allowing even non-basques who played in junior basque teams to be eligible to wear the Athletic shirt.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Pedrito on March 10, 2012, 08:44:11 AM
The club relaxed a bit in recent years, allowing even non-basques who played in junior basque teams to be eligible to wear the Athletic shirt.
Aren't they a bit like Ireland in understanding 'nationality' too?  So if you're grandmother had a pint of Guinness or a shot of Patxaran then you're in.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Shame, really, that the game doesn't come with a facegen á la OOTP - for all its text-basedness, OOTP fantasy leagues just get so much more immersive when you have the player's faces, even if it's just fluff.
OOTP is...that baseball manager?

I've recently gave big thought to getting this game despite it being a pointless time sink....
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 14, 2012, 05:29:38 AM
Aren't they a bit like Ireland in understanding 'nationality' too?  So if you're grandmother had a pint of Guinness or a shot of Patxaran then you're in.

I thought the main issue with the irish is that as far as they are concerned Ulstermen qualify for all ROI teams (and political offices for that matter).
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Viking on March 14, 2012, 03:57:56 PM
I thought the main issue with the irish is that as far as they are concerned Ulstermen qualify for all ROI teams (and political offices for that matter).
That could be an issue, but I just meant the old joke about the number of English-born players in the Irish team.  Though that may just have been when Charlton was managing :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

What happens if a Basque player gets a better offer from some other team?  It sounds like a crippling disadvantage.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 14, 2012, 04:41:47 PM
What happens if a Basque player gets a better offer from some other team?  It sounds like a crippling disadvantage.

Which is why it is such a challenge to manage them. Get a good player to try and win league, only to have the two titans of La Liga come in and spend gobs of money to steal them.  :lol:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: katmai on March 14, 2012, 04:44:14 PM
Which is why it is such a challenge to manage them. Get a good player to try and win league, only to have the two titans of La Liga come in and spend gobs of money to steal them.  :lol:

That too, but there's nothing preventing other clubs from grabbing young prospects, is there?

Pedrito

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 14, 2012, 05:42:52 PM
Quote from: katmai on March 14, 2012, 04:44:14 PM

That too, but there's nothing preventing other clubs from grabbing young prospects, is there?
Exorbitant release clauses in contracts; but after some time that your youngster is being courted by Real&Barca and you're denying the transfer, he'll become upset.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Pedrito

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 14, 2012, 05:29:38 AM
More or less so  ;)

L.
b / h = h / b+h