And we're back!

Main Menu

FM 2012

Started by The Larch, October 20, 2011, 12:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on December 01, 2011, 10:11:49 AM
Seems far too complicated.

In my particular instance, Milan offered to co-own my 16 year old. But if I understood the offer right, they were going to allow him to stay with me. Since I didn't need the money, i didn't see the point in potentially losing him down the road...his potential is rated very highly.

Another somewhat related question: is there a bug with Champions League registrations? It says players 21 and under don't need to be registered. I'm currently in a Champions League round and in my last game, I was out of defenders due to injuries, suspensions and ineligibilities. So I called up this 16-year-old prodigy to the senior team, with plans to play him in the CL game.  But he was listed as  INE hmm: He's not cup tied, so I can' figure out why.

It can get complicated, and in your particular situation I think that you made the right choice.

No idea about the CL registration thingie.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on December 01, 2011, 10:11:49 AM
Seems far too complicated.

In my particular instance, Milan offered to co-own my 16 year old. But if I understood the offer right, they were going to allow him to stay with me. Since I didn't need the money, i didn't see the point in potentially losing him down the road...his potential is rated very highly.

Another somewhat related question: is there a bug with Champions League registrations? It says players 21 and under don't need to be registered. I'm currently in a Champions League round and in my last game, I was out of defenders due to injuries, suspensions and ineligibilities. So I called up this 16-year-old prodigy to the senior team, with plans to play him in the CL game.  But he was listed as  INE hmm: He's not cup tied, so I can' figure out why.
Did he have a pro contract?

And I don:t get the co-owned thing. What decides which co-owner gets dibs? Say they both want to play him on the same day.

I'm being very tempted to get this....FM is the same every year but....hmm....
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

In my current game the USA got all the way to the Semi Final in the 2014 World Cup.  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Brazil got knocked out in the Round of 16 by Slovakia. The fires in the favelas could be seen for miles around.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

So is 2012 worth picking up?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

I've poured just as many hours into it as FM11, which is way too many.  :cry:

New: The interface is much improved than FM11. I like the way the new Team Reports and Tactics reporting is done, and the tone system for team talks is an interesting mechanic. The transfer window isn't a spam-a-thon for your inbox anymore now that it's all handled in the Transfers tab.

The Same: Everything else. Even all the graphics packs built for FM11 work just fine with FM12. And the match engine seems like it's identical to FM11.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Been playing an hour or so a day since I got it. More on weekends.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Brazil beat England 2-0 in the 2014 WC final.
Civis Romanus Sum

Liep

Slovenia lost the final in WC '14 to Argentina in my latest game, so about as probable as yours. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Fellow FM managers!

I'm playing with minnows in lower levels of English leagues, doing fine as in promotion playoff hunt but....

My team has decent defense, but seems like giving up too many goals from corners, any advice on setting up the D on set pieces better?

Pedrito

Cannot help you, I've temporarily suspended every football activity, have to slaughter some gauls around in Rome TW :cool:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

katmai

Getting in touch with your eyetalian roots eh?

Viking

Quote from: katmai on February 03, 2012, 02:06:48 AM
Fellow FM managers!

I'm playing with minnows in lower levels of English leagues, doing fine as in promotion playoff hunt but....

My team has decent defense, but seems like giving up too many goals from corners, any advice on setting up the D on set pieces better?

1 - Usually it is best to run with the default defense on corners.
2 - If you have dc's which cooperate as stopper-cover make sure the one with good positioning, heading and jumping is covering the oppo tall man.

Apart from "getting better central defenders" there is little you can do. If corners really are a problem you should set your backs to a higher mentality and more aggressive tackling, that will mean that the oppo wings get fouled on the wing 20 meters out rather than having their cross turned out for a corner by the full back.

Either that or have your players injur the opposition tall man.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Pedrito

Quote from: katmai on February 03, 2012, 05:20:59 AM
Getting in touch with your eyetalian roots eh?
Doin' my best  :sleep:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Josephus

Is it just me, though, or are there way too many corners in an average fm game?.
Civis Romanus Sum