News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

FM 2012

Started by The Larch, October 20, 2011, 12:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Hope it applies better this time.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Lots of problems according to the forum...but I think the issue is people trying to start the game whilst Steam is still downloading/installing the patch. I had no problem with 1.3.We'll see when I get home about 1.4. They're pretty few fixes in these patches--not sure why they don't wait and do one big comprehensive one.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Doing a vacation over christmas is a terrible idea, apparently reject all offers means that it will accept all loan offers.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

:w00t: after starting a game as Rosenborg I read on the fmnorge.com forums that everybody is bitching about how Rosenborg's youth team is über.

I gotta say that this might be the case. I have 8 players 21 or younger with 9 half-stars or more in potential. It's either that or the fact that my AssMan has JPA 6.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on November 05, 2011, 11:24:50 AM
Doing a vacation over christmas is a terrible idea, apparently reject all offers means that it will accept all loan offers.

LOL...that's why I never go on vacation. Even in the summer months.
Civis Romanus Sum

FunkMonk

This is probably my favorite assist ever : http://youtu.be/WTBaR-J4mXo?t=6s

And this goal clinched me a 2-2 draw with ManUtd : http://youtu.be/VoFYzvzCZW4?t=5s :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Viking

I liked that second one...

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Viking

I got to the Quarter Final of the Champions League with Rosenborg in my first season with only two major signings (Even Hovland €1M and Laure €0) and one major loss (Mikael Lustig €2M). Basically an unchanged team. I didn't do any fancy tacticing or any intense motivating. I was beaten in the Q final by Man City on away goals.

The major effects I see compared to previous versions are

- very fast progress for youth players that you play regularly on your first team, basically one full year of first team play and a 19 year old will reach first team quality
- team spirit and motivation and morale can be kept immensely high by playing the same team and never resting anybody and this will improve team performances so much that the second best team in norway (I'm very sad about that) can get to the quarter final of the champions league.

Basically I don't think getting the best players is the way to win anymore. I'm pretty sure Injury Prone-ness now just became the most important stat (ahead of determination as it was earlier).

So, my two top tips for finding cheap super young players

1 - check out youth players on good teams that are not getting games, they will improve massively if you sign them
2 - check out all the youth academies they added to the game, the one in France is an especially good place to find wonderkid potential players on amateur contracts you can get for free.

Josephus

How do you check youth academies? Is that a scout option?
Civis Romanus Sum

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on November 15, 2011, 06:29:09 PM
How do you check youth academies? Is that a scout option?

you enter "academ" in the seach window and look at the clubs that show up

look especially at the ones in successful african countries (ghana, ivory coast, nigeria etc.) you have to find them manually. 

Viking

A few youth academies that I have found

FC Barcelona Juniors Luján
INF Clairefontaine
Académie de Football Amadou Diallo
Ecole de football Braseries du Cameroun
RTD Academy

The thing about these academy clubs is not that they are full of quality players (though the Barca Juniors and the INF Clairefontaine might be full up on talent at any time), but rather that they have at all times a few players 18 and younger and almost all of them will have premiership potential.

One thing you should be aware with these academies is that the scout reports will be heavilly discounted. Comparing two players at the same age in the same position with almost identical stats. My coach 19CA 17PA rates my own guy as a 4CA halfstars and 8PA halfstars while the identical player in FC Barcelona Juniors Lujan gets a 1CA 5PA rating from my scout 18CA 16PA. So don't just scout them and dismiss them when they don't rate highly.

Josephus

So you just look at their attributes to determine their future potential?
Civis Romanus Sum

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on November 16, 2011, 03:13:52 PM
So you just look at their attributes to determine their future potential?

Well I scout them with quality scouts to get their stats. Observing that the report is mediocre 1mc5 e.g. (first number CA, letterposition and last number PA). I then compare the stats on the spider web chart and I observe that a player the same age in a similar position with stats 3amc8 has a nearly identical spider chart. I presumed that the CA error is repeated in the PA and buy the player for next to nothing and observe that once the transfer is completed the player with the originally mediocre report of 1mc5 now has a report of 3mc8. The scout here is good quality as well is my AssMan.

Also, in general, the more 15 plus stats you see the greater the potential. However, seeing potential is actually impossible. But the impression that I get is that the difference between a player with much potential and a player that peaks early is that the early peaker has fewer extreme stats. I think the Amateur contract itself reduces the value of the scout report.