News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Montreal 2012

Started by garbon, October 12, 2011, 11:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Oh I forgot, getting back into the US was trivially easy (especially in comparison to my entrance to Quebec).  However, I did notice that both Quebecois cars that were in my line got sent to secondary inspection and one in the other lane was inspected at the security booth.

I didn't find roads up to and into Montreal that bad although some of those bridges were a bit terrifying. I went on one that was all metal and feared what would happen on said bridge in winter.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Bad fucking shit. Champlain is falling apart.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Just looked. Victoria was the one that I drove on when leaving the city. Rough!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on November 08, 2011, 02:41:47 PM

Then nothing happens. Victoria is holding up quite well apparently.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on November 08, 2011, 02:21:05 PM
Oh I forgot, getting back into the US was trivially easy (especially in comparison to my entrance to Quebec). 
Now, what did I tell you? ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on November 08, 2011, 02:41:47 PM
The oldest one, but probably the only one who doesn't risk falling down wihtin the next few years.  Of course, there's no heavy traffic on this one.  And no more and Champlain and no more on Mercier...  Soon, they'll make them pedestrians only, if only to persuade citizens not to drive in the city.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on November 08, 2011, 02:51:51 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 08, 2011, 02:21:05 PM
Oh I forgot, getting back into the US was trivially easy (especially in comparison to my entrance to Quebec). 
Now, what did I tell you? ;)

I guess America isn't as defensive as Quebec. :D

viper37

Quote from: garbon on November 08, 2011, 02:58:09 PM
there is no country called "Quebec".  There is a country named Canada though, and it just so happens that it is this country wich controls the border crossing.  Blame Barrister&Neil, not us :P

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on November 08, 2011, 03:25:36 PM
there is no country called "Quebec".  There is a country named Canada though, and it just so happens that it is this country wich controls the border crossing.  Blame Barrister&Neil, not us :P

I wonder about that though. I mean it was 4 years ago but I didn't have any problems getting into BC.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on November 08, 2011, 03:34:45 PM
Quote from: viper37 on November 08, 2011, 03:25:36 PM

I wonder about that though. I mean it was 4 years ago but I didn't have any problems getting into BC.

It completely depends on which point of entry you are using for what kind of response you'll get.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

While in Montreal did you happen to take a bat to any lawyers? Cause apparently like 3 defense lawyers in the last little while have been beaten pretty badly. Hells Angels Lawyers, if it makes it any clearer why they're being beat down.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on November 08, 2011, 04:26:00 PM
While in Montreal did you happen to take a bat to any lawyers? Cause apparently like 3 defense lawyers in the last little while have been been pretty badly. Hells Angels Lawyers, if it makes it any clearer why they're being beat down.

Apparently quite a few very good and prominent defence lawyers absolutely refuse to do any work for the HAs...

HVC

What i don't get is who's beating the lawyers. is the it HA's as a way to get stays (which they just got when the last one was beat), or is it the other gangs, in which case the HA's mus thave lost a lot of cred recently if people aren't afraid of going after their lawyers.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on November 08, 2011, 04:30:26 PM
What i don't get is who's beating the lawyers. is the it HA's as a way to get stays (which they just got when the last one was beat), or is it the other gangs, in which case the HA's mus thave lost a lot of cred recently if people aren't afraid of going after their lawyers.

It's the HAs themselves.  From what I gather the lawyers get sucked into their world, then if they start to refuse to do certain things they put themselves at risk from their own clients.

Razgovory

That seems counterproductive.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017