News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Montreal 2012

Started by garbon, October 12, 2011, 11:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2011, 07:28:27 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 13, 2011, 07:06:48 PM
Quote from: PRC on October 13, 2011, 05:46:56 PM
Grey Fox, do you live in Bedford?

:unsure: No.

But maybe Garbon does.

:unsure:

There's a Bedford in the Greater NY.  East of South Brooklyn, North of Brownsville.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Want a cookie with your overpriced run down apartment?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on October 13, 2011, 07:16:58 PM
It just struck me how many Canadians there are.  They probably make up 50% of the posts on Languish. :wacko:

I'm not sure. About 40% of Languish's posts are made by the top 10 posters - of which two are Canadian.  If I remove them, I see that the rest of the top 10 make up 30% of Languish's posts.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 13, 2011, 07:31:55 PM
Want a cookie with your overpriced run down apartment?

Actually after my recent trip to SF, I pointed out to my boss that I now pay more for my apartment a month (only a couple hundre), which is smaller and I don't have my car near me. I left out how I also make slightly less at my current position in NYC. :D

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2011, 07:27:53 PM
:lol: :hug:
joking aside, the general section of the site seems to give good advice to travellers.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2011, 07:32:42 PM
It just struck me how many Canadians there are.  They probably make up 50% of the posts on Languish. :wacko:

I'm not sure. About 40% of Languish's posts are made by the top 10 posters - of which two are Canadian.  If I remove them, I see that the rest of the top 10 make up 30% of Languish's posts.

Holy shit - when did I become the top ten?

Back in the day I was more like 25th...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maximus

Since every thread became about lawyering.

garbon

Border crossing has gotten fun since my last time in 2007. I thought I was never going to get across the border what with them examining all the contents of my car and grilling me about various receipts!  Or maybe its just Quebec?

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2011, 04:16:13 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2011, 07:32:42 PM

Holy shit - when did I become the top ten?

Back in the day I was more like 25th...

Since you moved to Alberta and have, according to you, nothing to do.  :D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on November 03, 2011, 01:17:32 PM
Border crossing has gotten fun since my last time in 2007. I thought I was never going to get across the border what with them examining all the contents of my car and grilling me about various receipts!  Or maybe its just Quebec?

Yeah, crossing the US border has been getting continually more of a pain this last decade or so. I wouldn't be surprised if it's gotten worse on the Canadian side. I'd be curious to hear your experience in crossing back into the US, once it's time for that.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on November 03, 2011, 02:32:43 PM
I'd be curious to hear your experience in crossing back into the US, once it's time for that.
it will be easier.  It's not like he's gonna bring booze & cigarettes twice as epxensive back to the US.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on November 03, 2011, 02:32:43 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 03, 2011, 01:17:32 PM

Yeah, crossing the US border has been getting continually more of a pain this last decade or so. I wouldn't be surprised if it's gotten worse on the Canadian side. I'd be curious to hear your experience in crossing back into the US, once it's time for that.

Yeah that will be interesting to see. I wasn't expecting such a grilling going into Canada / they were actually quite hostile to just about everyone. A man was waiting outside with his dog while they were processing paperwork and he got yelled at that he needed to put his dog in the outside cage that was provided. :blink:

I did like when they asked if I was fleeing any trouble in America as I thought that if I was to flee to Canada - Quebec would probably not be the first place I'd go. :D