News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Montreal 2012

Started by garbon, October 12, 2011, 11:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

So I'm taking another trip up to Montreal next weekend and I was speaking with a co-worker who asked me if I had my canadian auto insurance card. I looked at him blankly as I'd never heard of such a thing. Called up my insurance company and they said I could receive one by this saturday so I guess I'm good.

Am I just : foolish for not knowing such things existed? :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2013, 04:53:07 PM
Well, whenever you change your driving habit, it's usually a good thing to check with your insurance company if it affects you.  I thought it was sort of automatic for US&Canadian travellers though, that you'd be covered everywhere in North America, but I guess we learn things everyday :)

On a side note, have a good trip, have fun :)  I won't be seeing you this time, maybe on your next trip :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on September 27, 2013, 12:44:37 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2013, 04:53:07 PM
Well, whenever you change your driving habit, it's usually a good thing to check with your insurance company if it affects you.  I thought it was sort of automatic for US&Canadian travellers though, that you'd be covered everywhere in North America, but I guess we learn things everyday :)

On a side note, have a good trip, have fun :)  I won't be seeing you this time, maybe on your next trip :)

I never check with my insurance company. :blush: And no one I've checked with who has driven to Canada has ever done this. I wonder if it is one of those technical regulations - oh well I'm covered.

I'm sad I'm not coming this weekend as I saw Montreal is having a last bit of nice weather like NYC is doing!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.