And we're back!

Main Menu

Montreal 2012

Started by garbon, October 12, 2011, 11:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Drakken on November 10, 2011, 10:10:32 AM
Quote from: viper37 on November 09, 2011, 10:12:36 AM
they may have been in dept over gambling.  It certainly fits the moto of such incidents.  You don't want to kill the guy, but you do want to send a message.

He was repeatedly bashed on the skull with a baseball bat. It's overkill for a gambling debt, the risk of death's far too great.
didn't know that.  Well, it does change things.

I'm ruling out the disgruntled client, because he's apparently not the only one.  My Neil theory is still up in the air.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Drakken

From La Presse:

QuotePar ailleurs, une source qui connaît très bien certains acteurs du dossier Sharqc a affirmé qu'elle ne croyait pas que les Hells puissent avoir commandé une telle attaque. Cette personne croit toutefois que des gens en liberté ont pu vouloir faire plaisir aux motards ou prendre l'initiative de régler des problèmes à leur place, sans les consulter. En prison, des motards se seraient montrés surpris de l'incident de ce samedi.

Translation : According to a "source", it might be wannabees, acolytes, or prospects wanting to please the HAs and take the initiative to "resolve" problems without consulting their bosses first, because they are just too dumb to live. Or, it could be also a PR stunt to cover their biker asses for a screw-up and blaming blank, plain dumb acolytes.

Since whole HA Chapters still meet in prison (they have whole sections of prison wings allocated to them in isolation from the rest of the population), that the defense is very, very tightly organized and controlled from the HA hierarchy, and that Me Côté was working day and night for his clients in the SharQC case, I doubt it was ordered by the HAs. There is no need for a stay as the new trial is still in preparation.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Drakken on November 10, 2011, 03:57:10 PM
From La Presse:

QuotePar ailleurs, une source qui connaît très bien certains acteurs du dossier Sharqc a affirmé qu'elle ne croyait pas que les Hells puissent avoir commandé une telle attaque. Cette personne croit toutefois que des gens en liberté ont pu vouloir faire plaisir aux motards ou prendre l'initiative de régler des problèmes à leur place, sans les consulter. En prison, des motards se seraient montrés surpris de l'incident de ce samedi.

Translation : According to a "source", it might be wannabees, acolytes, or prospects wanting to please the HAs and take the initiative to "resolve" problems without consulting their bosses first, because they are just too dumb to live. Or, it could be also a PR stunt to cover their biker asses for a screw-up and blaming blank, plain dumb acolytes.

Since whole HA Chapters still meet in prison (they have whole sections of prison wings allocated to them in isolation from the rest of the population), that the defense is very, very tightly organized and controlled from the HA hierarchy, and that Me Côté was working day and night for his clients in the SharQC case, I doubt it was ordered by the HAs. There is no need for a stay as the new trial is still in preparation.

Could be.  Might Be.  We aren't talking about idle facts, this is cold hard speculation.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

So I'm thinking I'm going to visit Montreal again for a long weekend - however, I'm wondering if I should toss in Quebec City as well.

Something like:

Thursday - in evening drive from NYC to Plattsburgh (or there abouts). 
Friday - get up early and drive up into Quebec City. Spend the night there.
Saturday - hang out in Quebec City for the day then drive to Montreal in eve. Spend night in Montreal
Sunday - hang out in Montreal, spend night in Montreal
Monday - morningish drive to NYC

Does that seem sensible or too much to fit into a long weekend? Would it be worth it to tack on that extra travel time to check out Quebec City for an evening and a day?  Thought about it last time but thought it was too much - though this time I wouldn't need to be as touristy in Montreal as I just did that last year.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

It's a lot of driving on boring roads.

I'd leave QC city on Sunday morning if you end up arriving after 3pm on Friday.

When are you thinking of doing this? It's going to get cold soon, especially Quebec city.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 14, 2012, 01:35:02 PM
I'd leave QC city on Sunday morning if you end up arriving after 3pm on Friday.

Yeah I was starting to think that since I've done Montreal a bit that maybe it would make sense to shift more of the time to Quebec. I just want to keep some sort of balance so that I don't end up driving 9+ hours from Quebec back to NYC. -_-

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 14, 2012, 01:35:02 PM
When are you thinking of doing this? It's going to get cold soon, especially Quebec city.

Early October.  I was waiting till I got my new passport to make sure I didn't book hotels that I couldn't stay in. :(

Grey Fox

Have you thought about taking a train? The route takes forever but is quite scenic apparently.

Action de Grace weekend?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

It's around four hours drive from Plattsburgh to Quebec City and it's a three hour drive from Quebec City to Montreal. Plattsburgh to Montreal is about an hour. That means you will be driving for about six extra hours to visit Quebec City - given that New York-Montreal is about six hours each way, that means for a long weekend trip you will be spending 18 hours in the car.

It can be done but it's a bit much driving for my taste.

That said, everyone loves Quebec City - it's a great tourist destination.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Zoups mentioned that last year but the extra time is what through that out for me.

And yes, it does appear to be that weekend.

Josephus

Quebec City should be done at least once in your lifetime.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

I went to Quebec City once. I was 3 years old. :D

garbon

So it is definite and umm...Zoups if you don't wanna ditch me this time, I'll be around. :D

And holla at you too, Grallon. :P

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on September 15, 2012, 09:55:09 PM
Montreal?!?
Ewww

I mean they speak French but that's not insurmountable.