And we're back!

Main Menu

Montreal 2012

Started by garbon, October 12, 2011, 11:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on November 03, 2011, 04:05:05 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 03, 2011, 02:32:43 PM
I'd be curious to hear your experience in crossing back into the US, once it's time for that.
it will be easier.  It's not like he's gonna bring booze & cigarettes twice as epxensive back to the US.

Generally the US isn't very good for letting anyone in. Especially its own citizens.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on November 03, 2011, 05:26:59 PMGenerally the US isn't very good for letting anyone in. Especially its own citizens.

:lol:

Zoupa

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Well, have fun for this week-end :)
Hope you enjoy Quebec :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2011, 04:16:13 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2011, 07:32:42 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 13, 2011, 07:16:58 PM
It just struck me how many Canadians there are.  They probably make up 50% of the posts on Languish. :wacko:

I'm not sure. About 40% of Languish's posts are made by the top 10 posters - of which two are Canadian.  If I remove them, I see that the rest of the top 10 make up 30% of Languish's posts.

Holy shit - when did I become the top ten?

Back in the day I was more like 25th...

Does this mean crime rates are down? :p
:p

garbon

Further sign of my decline - I accidentally ended up with a bleeding steak for dinner.* I thought at some point, like a reasonable person would, that I'd be too disgusted to eat it.  However, I was instead intrigued and happily used the provided bread to sop up the now bloodied sauce. :weep:

*I think the waitress was annoyed at me and/or didn't care to listen to English. My request to have walnuts removed from my salad resulted in me receiving tomato soup and walnuts on my salad. :D

Ideologue

A Quebecois rude to an Anglophone foreigner?  I think you're making this story up.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

wtf? I've never seen so many passed out chicks on sidewalks then I did tonight.

Ideologue

Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink, huh?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Zoupa

Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2011, 08:29:05 PM
Further sign of my decline - I accidentally ended up with a bleeding steak for dinner.* I thought at some point, like a reasonable person would, that I'd be too disgusted to eat it.  However, I was instead intrigued and happily used the provided bread to sop up the now bloodied sauce. :weep:

*I think the waitress was annoyed at me and/or didn't care to listen to English. My request to have walnuts removed from my salad resulted in me receiving tomato soup and walnuts on my salad. :D

Sounds like Entrecote Saint-Jean.

Neil

Montreal was a much more pleasant place when the Frenchies knew their place.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Zoupa on November 06, 2011, 01:32:49 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2011, 08:29:05 PM

Sounds like Entrecote Saint-Jean.

As it was. :D

Oexmelin

It explains much. I do not have a high opinion of Entrecôte Saint-Jean.
Que le grand cric me croque !

garbon

The couple next to me pointed out something apt. It's like "fancier" fast food.