Main Menu

Montreal 2012

Started by garbon, October 12, 2011, 11:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2011, 02:22:45 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 13, 2011, 02:21:24 PM
QuoteI would greyhound it

I don't think Grabass is going to enjoy riding on the bus with the poors.

Shh!! I was trying to pretend that I'd entertain the notion of taking a bus. <_<

:lol: Dick. I'd rather read a book, sleep, listen to music, watch a movie instead of driving, which I why I suggested it.

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on October 13, 2011, 02:24:24 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2011, 02:22:41 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 13, 2011, 03:40:24 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on October 13, 2011, 12:39:47 AM
Me, you asshole  :glare:

I think Montreal has the highest number of posters I like of any city. :)

Not Edmonton? :(

Two versus three, yes? :unsure:  (Neil + Beeb vs. Zoupa, Grey Fox, and Grallon?)

GF doesn't live in Montreal though (though he lives in some burb). :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Metropolitan area, then. :blurgh:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grey Fox

Don't forget Drakken.

I do work in Montreal, so I have to go on the damn island every day. :mad:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Zoupa on October 13, 2011, 02:25:24 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2011, 02:22:45 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 13, 2011, 02:21:24 PM
QuoteI would greyhound it

I don't think Grabass is going to enjoy riding on the bus with the poors.

Shh!! I was trying to pretend that I'd entertain the notion of taking a bus. <_<

:lol: Dick. I'd rather read a book, sleep, listen to music, watch a movie instead of driving, which I why I suggested it.

:hug:

Of course, that is the one advantage of driving. I can blast my music - which I generally don't do in my tiny Manhattan existence so as not to be rude. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Looks like I'll be in Montreal from the morning of the 3rd through to the afternoon on that Sunday.  I think I'll drive up to like Burlington on the night of the 2nd and then hit Montreal that following morning.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

It's a boring city, there's nothing to do there.  No hockey and no football for the week-end of the 3rd.  ;)
Once you're at the hotel, try using the metro instead of your car.  It's hell driving through Montreal.

I suppose you could try the clubs and the restaurants, there's got to be a couple of good ones in Montreal.  I remember Bistro Le Porto, a Portuguese restaurant,the food was great.  It's near Metro Baudry.
But there's like tons of decent restaurants in Montréal.

Try the club scene if you like that.  There are quite a few good spots in Montreal for those who like dance/techno music.  No decent metal/rock bar though.

This page might be of interest to you:
http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/blog/category/gay-life/
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Le garde manger in Old Port. Chuck's Hughes restaurant. G. Ramsay also one but I forget the name.

Capetan Mihali

I'm hoping to make a jaunt to Montreal for a few days in early December.   :)  Hopefully benefit from some off-season lodging rates.  It will have to be by bus, since there is no direct rail link between Boston and Montreal, close as they are.  You have to go through New York.   :wacko:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

citizen k

Do any of you miss the time when you could go to Canada or Mexico without a passport? In Washington you can get a special driver's licence that replaces a passport at the Canadian border. Does New York have a similar program?

PRC

Grey Fox, do you live in Bedford?

garbon

Quote from: citizen k on October 13, 2011, 05:45:07 PM
Do any of you miss the time when you could go to Canada or Mexico without a passport? In Washington you can get a special driver's licence that replaces a passport at the Canadian border. Does New York have a similar program?

Yes, there is an enhanced ID that you can get. I keep my passport at home though, so not an issue for me.

Grey Fox

Quote from: PRC on October 13, 2011, 05:46:56 PM
Grey Fox, do you live in Bedford?

:unsure: No.

But maybe Garbon does.

Ideologue

It just struck me how many Canadians there are.  They probably make up 50% of the posts on Languish. :wacko:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on October 13, 2011, 04:42:21 PM
It's a boring city, there's nothing to do there.  No hockey and no football for the week-end of the 3rd.  ;)

Oh no, no sporting events for me to watch?! :P

Quote from: viper37 on October 13, 2011, 04:42:21 PMOnce you're at the hotel, try using the metro instead of your car.  It's hell driving through Montreal.

Oh definitely. Unless I'm in a Southwestern city, I try never to drive.

Quote from: viper37 on October 13, 2011, 04:42:21 PMI suppose you could try the clubs and the restaurants, there's got to be a couple of good ones in Montreal.  I remember Bistro Le Porto, a Portuguese restaurant,the food was great.  It's near Metro Baudry.
But there's like tons of decent restaurants in Montréal.

Try the club scene if you like that.  There are quite a few good spots in Montreal for those who like dance/techno music.

Cool.

Quote from: viper37 on October 13, 2011, 04:42:21 PMNo decent metal/rock bar though.

Not an issue for me. :D

Quote from: viper37 on October 13, 2011, 04:42:21 PM
This page might be of interest to you:
http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/blog/category/gay-life/

:lol: :hug: