News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Troy Davis execution

Started by Capetan Mihali, September 21, 2011, 04:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gups

I don't think I've ever had boiled meat (unless you count stews?)

Steak should be served rare with nothing but it's own bloody juices and a bit of seasoning. There's no excuse for coating it with breadcrumbs.

Barrister

Quote from: Gups on September 22, 2011, 12:35:36 PM

Steak should be served rare with nothing but it's own bloody juices and a bit of seasoning. There's no excuse for coating it with breadcrumbs.

A good steak, sure.

But a tough steak?  A cheap cut of meat?  Then you might want to do something to it.

And basically it's just a schnitzel by a different name.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

OttoVonBismarck

Stews are a big category of foods, though. A lot of seafood is boiled at some point in its preparation, and a lot of chicken dishes you also boil the chicken during preparation (and might later  bake it.)

Gups

Quote from: Barrister on September 22, 2011, 12:42:30 PM

A good steak, sure.

But a tough steak?  A cheap cut of meat?  Then you might want to do something to it.

Yep, leave it at the butchers. Steak should be good quality, expensive and fried. If you want a cheap cut of beef get shin or similar and cook it slowly.

Barrister

Quote from: Gups on September 22, 2011, 12:51:49 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 22, 2011, 12:42:30 PM

A good steak, sure.

Yep, leave it at the butchers. Steak should be good quality, expensive and fried. If you want a cheap cut of beef get shin or similar and cook it slowly.

Fried??? :o :ultra:

This, sir, means war.

A high quality steak must be grilled.  :alberta:

viper37

Quote from: 11B4V on September 22, 2011, 01:39:00 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 22, 2011, 01:37:00 AM
Last words of Troy Davis, spoken to the AI representatives:

"The struggle for justice doesn't end with me. This struggle is for all the Troy Davises who came before me and all the ones who will come after me. I'm in good spirits and I'm prayerful and at peace."

Amazing how they always find GOD in the end.
Given that 95% of Americans describe themselves as religious, I think many criminals already know God before death row.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Gups on September 22, 2011, 12:51:49 PM

Uck!  For a moment there you had me convinced you knew something about cooking steak.

Ed Anger

Grilled well done with A1 sauce poured all over it.

*runs off*
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 22, 2011, 01:20:29 PM
Grilled well done with A1 sauce poured all over it.

*runs off*
Homo.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Zoupa

I think Gups means lightly fried in a pan, which is how we do it in France. Not deep fried in oil.

Warspite

Quote from: Rasputin on September 22, 2011, 12:12:43 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 22, 2011, 06:57:20 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 22, 2011, 06:55:14 AM
You aint spent much time in the South, have you boy? :lmfao:

Gups is a britanico.  :secret:

well it still beats the hell out of anything that the british serve as steak

my recollection is that no matter what the called it, it resembled pot roast.
If you make the mistake of walking into an Angus Steak House in Leicester Square you have no one to blame but yourself.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on September 22, 2011, 01:33:27 PM
I think Gups means lightly fried in a pan, which is how we do it in France. Not deep fried in oil.

That's how I understood it.  And my response stands. :alberta:

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on September 22, 2011, 02:01:48 PM

fried steak is weird. fried beef is awesome.

Also, from capital punishment to steak. Languish is one of a kind. not sure what kind though :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on September 22, 2011, 02:04:09 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 22, 2011, 02:01:48 PM

fried steak is weird. fried beef is awesome.

Also, from capital punishment to steak. Languish is one of a kind. not sure what kind though :lol:

Both are serious issues.