Main Menu

Troy Davis execution

Started by Capetan Mihali, September 21, 2011, 04:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 23, 2011, 10:13:46 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 23, 2011, 08:34:01 AM
pfft. I only stop when the snow comes.

Why stop when the snow comes?  Our grill is outside but under cover.  The alternative, frying our steaks inside, is just too horrible to contemplate.
Like you have snow... ;)

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Its true, we dont really get snow other than where it is supposed to be - on the ski hill.  But if we did have snow I would still find a way to grill my meat.

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on September 23, 2011, 08:26:00 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 22, 2011, 07:18:39 PM
I'm anti-death penalty :mellow:.  My point is that it's hard to get popular support for saving the life of many of these people because they aren't pleasant people.
Doesn't really matter.  If the prosecution can prove they did the crime, they are going to be in jail for a while.  With those cumulative sentences of the US, they don't really get out after 6 years for murder 1.

If they can't prove the crime and they turn out innocent, then the clock isn't ticking against them.

Was this actually suppose to be a response to me?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 23, 2011, 02:06:11 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 22, 2011, 07:18:39 PM

I'm anti-death penalty :mellow:.  My point is that it's hard to get popular support for saving the life of many of these people because they aren't pleasant people.

Can't really help it. It's like you're trying to make a perfectly rational point and a bunch of code pink wackos or somebody like that shows up to agree with you. You just wish they would die in a fire, but there they are with their big pink outfits sucking all the oxygen out of everything and making everyone associated with their cause look bad. I argue against these types more than I do against the actual people I disagree with. Annoys me to no end.

Yeah, but most gays aren't code pink wackos.  Most people on death row are murderers.  Take the Brewer case that happened this week.  He and another guy grabbed up some black guy at random, chained him to the back of a truck and then drove around the county for a while.  On top of that Brewer had been a small time criminal before hand, doing time for burglary.  The day before he was executed he said "As far as any regrets, no, I have no regrets. No, I'd do it all over again, to tell you the truth."  He's an incredibly unsympathetic person.  It's hard to argue that his life should be spared when he's such nasty person.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Why stop when the snow comes?  Our grill is outside but under cover.  The alternative, frying our steaks inside, is just too horrible to contemplate.

Indeed.  I BBQ year round.

I'll admit that I have to stop when it hits -40 or so - propane starts to gel, can't keep things hot enough.  But that's my only limit.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Rasputin

Quote from: Barrister on September 23, 2011, 02:42:11 PM

Indeed.  I BBQ year round.

I'll admit that I have to stop when it hits -40 or so - propane starts to gel, can't keep things hot enough.  But that's my only limit.

I have the same problem

i have both a grill and a smoker and i bbq year round

the problem is in december when its down in the seventies i need to wear my jeans to stay warm; i find that long pants erode the grilling experience
Who is John Galt?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Rasputin on September 23, 2011, 03:23:14 PM
the problem is in december when its down in the seventies i need to wear my jeans to stay warm; i find that long pants erode the grilling experience

We should all have such problems.

Ed Anger

Because I don't like freezing my balls off.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 23, 2011, 03:42:51 PM

Quit being such a Marti.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on September 23, 2011, 03:45:06 PM

Quit being such a Marti.

Quit being a Canuck tard.

crazy canuck

You used to be cool.

Ed Anger

My balls are comfortably warm, and women's tongues don't stick to them. I WIN.

MadImmortalMan

I grill even if I have to dig out the grill from the snow first. It's cool once the thing has been burning for a while and the snow around it begins to take a geometric shape from the radiating heat.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: Rasputin on September 23, 2011, 03:23:14 PM
:lmfao:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 23, 2011, 05:49:51 PM
I grill even if I have to dig out the grill from the snow first. It's cool once the thing has been burning for a while and the snow around it begins to take a geometric shape from the radiating heat.
I tried that shit in Boston once: never again.  That's why I moved, actually. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points