2 (10%)
I don't care
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2011, 06:36:46 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 16, 2011, 01:25:44 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2011, 10:07:58 AM
Speaking of which, a couple of weeks ago a work colleague of mine came into my office and announced, with a huge grin, that after months of trying artificial insemination, his wife is now pregnant.

I was like UHM TMI?  :yuk:

You've gone full Slargos with your schtick.  Do you realize that?

Really?

Would you feel comfortable if a coworker came to you and announced he just had a great anal with his boyfriend, followed by a blowjob in a shower?

You really need to learn how to compare similar things.  You could just as easily have said " if a coworker announced to you that he had just learned to fly an airplane or saw an ant or was now the king of Jupiter" and it would have had the same relevance.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Fortunately, Ed Anger cannot fire anybody anymore - except his own gun when he kills himself when his retirement stocks tank. :yeah:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on September 16, 2011, 03:37:11 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2011, 03:15:40 PM

:frusty: You seem to be working really hard to misunderstand my posts.

Yes I agree they should leave the damn kid with her parents.

:hug:

No, I just like you and know you'll be okay with my responses like that. :)

To be honest, this story is seriously bothering me. I can't imagine what those parents are going through after waiting so long to have a child of their own. The child is young, and while she'll have a hard time at first, she'll eventually be okay. The parents, on the other hand, may never recover. I know I wouldn't. :(

How many years does the father have to recover? :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Really?

Would you feel comfortable if a coworker came to you and announced he just had a great anal with his boyfriend, followed by a blowjob in a shower?
I'd beat him to death.  Faggots aren't allowed to talk to me.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Habsburg

sbr

Habsburg

Quote from: sbr on September 16, 2011, 07:47:10 PM
Quote from: Habsburg on September 16, 2011, 07:36:42 PM
Disgusting.

This is what Nanny liberalism leads to.

Firing Marti out of a cannon?

Monkeybutt is not a Nanny Liberal, so no.

The original post of this thread.

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2011, 09:52:55 AM
I hope someone takes Merrithyn's kids away from her. Like, her obviously more responsible ex-husband.

You are such a bitch. :D
Winner of THE grumbler point.

MadImmortalMan

I recommend we take the Italian government away from the Italians and put it up for adoption. Maybe the Germans will do a better job raising it and teaching it not to be a complete fuckup in life.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Habsburg on September 16, 2011, 07:36:42 PM
Disgusting.

This is what Nanny liberalism leads to.

Yes, they are so concerned about human rights that they routinely trample on them.

Gups

I wonder if the court had more information than a six sentence article that doesn't even tell you what a "recommendation" by the court means.

C.C.R.

Really?

Sure, just so long as they can't adopt children to corrupt with their deviant behavior...

merithyn

Quote from: Gups on September 20, 2011, 09:09:11 AM
I wonder if the court had more information than a six sentence article that doesn't even tell you what a "recommendation" by the court means.

The court recommendation was followed with "and the child was to be taken away from the parents." The only other information I've been able to find said that additional "proof" that they were incapable of parenting the child was that the child had been heard crying several times by neighbors.

I do understand that the media is often irresponsible in these types of cases, but I've yet to find a single one that shows me that the parents were abusive or neglectful of the child. Maybe if someone could translate some Italian articles on the subject we might get more information?

Given the Italian laws against "older parenting" like limiting artificial insemination to those younger than 43 and not allowing those older than 45 to adopt, I wouldn't be in the least surprised to find that the only real reason for taking the child is simply that the parents have been deemed "too old".
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...