News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2011 Week 1

Started by Neil, September 08, 2011, 07:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2011, 08:44:40 PM
This is one of the few times you'll ever find me rooting for the Dallas Cowboys.  The Jets are just that obnoxious these days.
I mean, so are the Cowboys, but there's a distinct difference between New Yawk obnoxiousness and Texan obnoxiousness.
No kidding.  Aside from Jim Leonhard, the Jets are becoming harder and harder to like.

And they aren't legit contenders either.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 11, 2011, 10:01:22 PM
Hasselbeck did surprisingly well, but the rest of my team let me down. <_<
My LFFL team was awesome, except for poor Marcedes Lewis.  When the Jags cut Gerrard, his fantasy value became nil.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Welp Kevin Walter apparently has a "broken shoulder" and is out 10-12 weeks.  This means the Texans only have 3 active WR's on the roster right now (+1 on the PS).  I wonder who they'll go out and get, or if they'll just bring Maehl up. 

Edit:  My god.  Romo is so unclutch.

Neil

It is kind of funny, although I don't know why Bryant is still on the field.

LOL.  Romo just fucked up bad.

Admiral Yi

That pick to Reevis was incomprehensible.

CountDeMoney

Romo continues to suffer brain farts of massive proportions.  Sometimes so good, yet sometimes so incredibly stupid.

CountDeMoney

Terrell Suggs passed Peter Boulware for the Ravens team record for career sacks with 71 ½.

QuoteWhen you include the playoffs, Suggs has sacked Roethlisberger 15 ½ times, more than any other NFL defender.

"God can have Roethlisberger's soul but his ass belongs to me," Suggs told Comcast SportsNet on the field after the game.

Syt

Well, here's hoping that this was a timely wake up call for the Steelers and that they'll repay the Ravens in kind come November.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on September 11, 2011, 11:52:47 PM
Well, here's hoping that this was a timely wake up call for the Steelers and that they'll repay the Ravens in kind come November.

As it's a season after a Super Bowl appearance for the Steelheads, they're going to take this one off.  It's what they do.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2011, 11:54:51 PM
Quote from: Syt on September 11, 2011, 11:52:47 PM

As it's a season after a Super Bowl appearance for the Steelheads, they're going to take this one off.  It's what they do.

Considering how many series/streaks were broken by the game yesterday, I'm not going to give this one up yet. These are not the Pirates (yet) - who are 66-80, btw, and at least won't have another 100 loss season. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

GameDay Final is getting more and more interesting with their commentary.  Michael Irvin totally blasting the Indianapolis Colts franchise for never addressing the possibility of a back-up for Manning all these years, and he's dead spot on.  Hell, the Packers did it with Favre a few years ago by drafting Aaron Rodgers, and how'd that turn out?

It's true, though.  Indy's been acting as if Manning would be there forever.  Jim Sorgi.  'Nuff said.

sbr

I can't stand the Jets either, but it would take more than an obnoxious fat guy to make me hate them more than 'America's Team'. :yucky:

Random drunken thoughts before bed:

Fuck DirecTV and their sorry ass Sunday Ticket.  My brother took today off so we could watch football together and DirecTV crapped out across the country and we had to watch the shitty local network games including the fucking Seahwaks-49ers game at 1.  :mad:

The ass-kicking the Ravens put on the Steelers was about as bad as I have seen a 'good' team get their ass kicked in a long time.  Highly amusing.

The Bears v. Falcons game was shocking, I have had a huge man-crush on Matty Ryan since he came into the league and he just shit the bed today.  Hopefully they can pull themselves together and do as well as the 'experts' expect.

The Lions ain't no joke anymore.  A road division win is always a big win but against a playoff team from last year and in that division is huge.  These Lions aren't a joke, especially if Stafford can keep his ass on the field.

The Sex Cannon beat the Giants.  :lmfao:

Cam Newton was amazing against my Cards too bad the Panthers couldn't get the same $180K deal that Auburn got.  At least the Cards own and Kolb played well.

The Colts won't win 5 games this year.

derspiess

Ravens-Titans should be interesting next week, if only because the Ravens tend to lay an egg the week after a huge win.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Only thing that sucks about going to a game is having to catch up on everything else that happened.  I did get home in time to spend some time with the kids this evening & catch most of the Cowboys-Jets game.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Today, everything will look and feel better.

Even when dealing with the Steelheads at work.