News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2011 Week 1

Started by Neil, September 08, 2011, 07:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 12, 2011, 05:08:51 AM
Today, everything will look and feel better.

Even when dealing with the Steelheads at work.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with their bullshit anymore. Their stupid terrible towels and the flags up on cube walls.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on September 12, 2011, 12:02:09 AM
The Sex Cannon beat the Giants.  :lmfao:

He was actually amazing.  Sometimes good Rex Grossman shows up.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2011, 11:58:13 PM
GameDay Final is getting more and more interesting with their commentary.  Michael Irvin totally blasting the Indianapolis Colts franchise for never addressing the possibility of a back-up for Manning all these years, and he's dead spot on.  Hell, the Packers did it with Favre a few years ago by drafting Aaron Rodgers, and how'd that turn out?

It's true, though.  Indy's been acting as if Manning would be there forever.  Jim Sorgi.  'Nuff said.

Made worse because all they needed to do is look at Miami to see how badly that course could turn out.

Admiral Yi

I'm not sure that spending big money on a quality 2nd string QB is the best use of cap money when you're 1st stringer never gets sacked and never, ever, runs the ball.

The Pack picked up Rodgers because they felt that Favre was on the cusp of his career.  That's a different situation than Indy's.  More analogous to Young and Montana.

jimmy olsen

I didn't realize Peyton played on the defense as well. Colts looked like they were in the run for Luck they were so bad.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 12, 2011, 08:31:20 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2011, 11:58:13 PM
GameDay Final is getting more and more interesting with their commentary.  Michael Irvin totally blasting the Indianapolis Colts franchise for never addressing the possibility of a back-up for Manning all these years, and he's dead spot on.  Hell, the Packers did it with Favre a few years ago by drafting Aaron Rodgers, and how'd that turn out?

It's true, though.  Indy's been acting as if Manning would be there forever.  Jim Sorgi.  'Nuff said.

Made worse because all they needed to do is look at Miami to see how badly that course could turn out.

And I'm not really sure that the Packers is an example that you'd want to follow.  Sure, it eventually worked out, but that was after years and years of turmoil.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2011, 09:12:56 AM
I didn't realize Peyton played on the defense as well. Colts looked like they were in the run for Luck they were so bad.

Well the Texans are really good on offense.  They are going to make lots of teams look bad.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on September 12, 2011, 09:18:50 AM
And I'm not really sure that the Packers is an example that you'd want to follow.  Sure, it eventually worked out, but that was after years and years of turmoil.

Yeah...but that was off the field and that was because Favre was a douche which wouldn't be an issue with Peyton.  On the field things worked great for Green Bay.

MadBurgerMaker

They didn't necessarily look #1 draft pick bad.  They just looked like they had a QB who had only been with them a month and needs to get used to that team and vice versa.  Out of their next five games, as long as Collins continues to improve and isn't killed (and the team just doesn't give up), they can win vs. Cleveland, KC, and Cincy IMO.  They still have some solid talent on both sides of the ball.  Tennessee and Jacksonville didn't exactly look like world beaters in their game either, and the Colts play each of them twice.

Peyton doesn't tend to turn the ball over inside his own 20 twice in a row, can engineer more than one or two long drives a game so his D can rest, scores points so they're against a team playing from behind, etc.  He also gets rid of the ball super quickly and moves around in the pocket irritatingly well, which covers for his rather shitty OL.  Collins doesn't, and he's going to pay for that all year.  Or as long as he survives.  Then Painter will come in and they'll be infinitely worse. 

The Colts really need to work on giving him more time than they gave Manning, like...for example, not expecting Dallas Clark to block a dude like Mario Williams one on one for more than a second.  When he had time, Collins looked okay, which is how he's always been.

derspiess

I still sort of have him penciled in as a Bengal.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Rex Grossman better start sucking again soon or the Redskins are never going to get Luck  :cry:

Hey do you think that is why Romo gave the game away last night?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 12, 2011, 09:24:21 AMas long as he survives.  Then Painter will come in and they'll be infinitely worse. 

I don't expect him to survive long.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2011, 09:45:24 AM
I don't expect him to survive long.

If he keeps getting smashed like that, he won't. 

"I should have stayed retired."

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 12, 2011, 09:24:21 AM
The Colts really need to work on giving him more time than they gave Manning, like...for example, not expecting Dallas Clark to block a dude like Mario Williams one on one for more than a second.  When he had time, Collins looked okay, which is how he's always been.
I bolded the key part.  That's just fucking mental.  Williams is a beast, and while Clark is a pretty good pass-catching tight end, I can't think of a TE in the league that could solo block Williams.

That's a coaching error on the level of keeping a crippled Dez Bryant in the game against a top-flight secondary.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on September 12, 2011, 04:19:14 PM
I bolded the key part.  That's just fucking mental.  Williams is a beast, and while Clark is a pretty good pass-catching tight end, I can't think of a TE in the league that could solo block Williams.

That's a coaching error on the level of keeping a crippled Dez Bryant in the game against a top-flight secondary.

I saw them do this three times.  Two were sacks (the second of which was a FF), and the third he didn't quite get there, but still made Collins pay for it.  It wasn't a very beginning of the game "oops" kind of thing either.  The sacks came at the beginning of the first and then with about 5:00 left in the game.  I don't know why Clark wasn't at least trying to cut him or something.  On the first sack, Williams just ran around him and hit Collins.  On the second, he just sort of shoved him aside on his way into the pocket like he was tired of having this little dude in his face.

Oh yeah those two sacks on Sunday put Williams at an even 50 for his career (94 games).