Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Well, they are better people than Americans, too. Happy?

Norgy

Lippestad became Lippe City in Google translate?  :lol:

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

MadImmortalMan

You don't put yourself in charge of 600 kids without the ability to protect them in at least the most minimal way. That's an abrogation of the most basic responsibility.

Question: How do these vehicles get to the island? Is there a causeway that they drive? I saw vans.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Viking

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 24, 2011, 05:12:28 AM
You don't put yourself in charge of 600 kids without the ability to protect them in at least the most minimal way. That's an abrogation of the most basic responsibility.

Question: How do these vehicles get to the island? Is there a causeway that they drive? I saw vans.

Yes, the next time I arrange a summer camp I'll hire mercenaries to do security.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Viking on July 24, 2011, 05:18:58 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 24, 2011, 05:12:28 AM

Yes, the next time I arrange a summer camp I'll hire mercenaries to do security.

Four or five $70 revolvers put somewhere the counselors can get them would do the trick.

Viking

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 24, 2011, 05:23:00 AM

Four or five $70 revolvers put somewhere the counselors can get them would do the trick.

Tell me, which is cheaper, the merc or the extra insurance cost of having stray guns lying about.

N.B. plus, I'd like to sell the parent that agrees to send it's kid to the summer camp with stray guns included a bridge in brooklyn.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Viking on July 24, 2011, 05:30:20 AM

Tell me, which is cheaper, the merc or the extra insurance cost of having stray guns lying about.

Extra insurance costs. Funny. :P

They don't have to pay more because they are unarmed?

Viking

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 24, 2011, 05:37:18 AM
Quote from: Viking on July 24, 2011, 05:30:20 AM

Extra insurance costs. Funny. :P

They don't have to pay more because they are unarmed?

The guns are much more likely to kill a random camper than prevent a death by a terrorist. So the insurance cost would be much higher since AUF would be liable for the consequences of any use of the gun.

Viking

We found somebody who actually did something to save lives.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=no&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/07/24/nyheter/innenriks/terror/utoya/anders_behring_breivik/17436710/&usg=ALkJrhiu1OGY3BBiMUZJ1HL66_Bd4dqiYQ

QuoteHe saved 20 to 30 young people from terrorist on Utøya
Camping tourist with military backgrounds realized at once that it was shot with automatic weapons on the island.

Evolution CAMPING (Dagbladet): Marcel Gleffe was one of the very first to come out to Utøya after the terrorist Anders Behring Breivik began to shoot and kill young people on Friday. Gleffe on holiday at the campsite Utvika next Utøya family.

- We sat around the table on the outside of the caravan. The time was probably between five and six. We drank coffee and talked about Oslo, because the neighbors came running and told of the disaster there. Then we heard a single shot from Utøya. Then came a burst from an automatic weapon, said Marcel Gleffe says to Dagbladet.

Military Background
He lives to normal on Siggerud in Ski, but comes originally from Germany, has military background and has been on overseas missions in the past.

- I recognized the sound of automatic weapon away, he said.

The man took a pair of binoculars and ran to a vantage point from Utøya.

- Then I saw two youths who swam from the island. Then came a smoke grenade and several perfumes from automatic weapon. I looked through the binoculars that there were more people in the water, he said.

Gleffe ran back to the caravan and took the keys to his boat, a small pioneer 15

When Gleffe came to the first youths in the water shouted: "Are you the police, are you the police?". He explains that he threw lifejackets to them, before he drove towards the island.

- The young people I met told me that the perpetrator was a police officer. The first thing I picked up called "terrorist, terrorist, terrorist!".

- I took four to five trips
Gleffe began to take up as many as he could in the boat. He brought the boat close into the shore of the island, and came with the land with binoculars to look for mass killing her husband.

- I took between four and five walks. After the police asked me to stop, he said.

He estimates that he had with him 20 to 30 young people in the boats.

- The young people were good. They supported each other and were organized, and they told anyone who needed first aid and first had to be taken into the boat. "You must take with him, you must take with him, they said," says Gleffe.

Not afraid of life
Camping tourist think of the young people he picked up was badly injured.

- Did the young people something to you?

- They were happy to get help, but they were unsure whom they could trust.

- Did you fear for your life?

- No, I just did it on instinct. You do not get scared in such a situation, you just do what it takes. I know the difference between fireworks and gunfire. I knew what it was about, and that it was nonsense.

- Everything came too late
- Cooperation with the police and rescue crews afterwards was awesome, but it all came too late. The first time I was out I was all alone, he said.

There were several individuals who started the first emergency personnel. Dagbladet has talked with a resident was on the spot that says Gleffe shouted "we need more boats, disaster, disaster!".

- He was very focused. His effort must be commended. There were also others who made ​​a great effort, said a resident told Dagbladet.

Tamas

Altough MiM's take on the issue clearly shows he has no idea on how pussified Europe actually is (which is of course nice until someone, like this dude, decides to take advantage of it) and I am not calling for armed guards in youth camps, there are appaling things here.

They stuffed 600 young people to a tiny island, and either had no plans for evacuation, or were too in panic to even try and enact them, not sure which is worse. And if the camp leader indeed fled? Wow.

Bluebook

Quote from: Viking on July 24, 2011, 05:43:18 AM
He brought the boat close into the shore of the island, and came with the land with binoculars to look for mass killing her husband.

What?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 24, 2011, 04:34:59 AM
Quote from: Norgy on July 24, 2011, 04:26:31 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 24, 2011, 04:10:11 AM
The EU Commission has called for pan-European tightening of gun laws after this.

Yeah, that's going to be really helpful.

600 people on the island and not one of them had a gun to fight back or any training on how to respond. Fucking irresponsible.    <_<

Who is in charge of these camps anyway?

An island full of teenagers?  Oh yeah, that's smart.  I wouldn't trust them with sporks and fire extinguishers, let alone a shotgun case.

Viking

Quote from: Bluebook on July 24, 2011, 06:07:27 AM
Quote from: Viking on July 24, 2011, 05:43:18 AM
He brought the boat close into the shore of the island, and came with the land with binoculars to look for mass killing her husband.

What?

Google Translate, you're gonna have to use a bit of goodwill.

QuoteHan førte båten nært inn mot land av øya, og fulgte med mot land med en kikkert for å se etter massedrapsmannen

= He brought the boat close to the shore of the island and with a pair of binoculars to look out for the mass murderer.

Slargos

I've already seen calls for more repressive measures against free speech, exactly the opposite of what is necessary.

This man writes in his diary that his original plan was getting his compilation (he didn't write all of it, or from the looks of it even the majority of it, himself.) published by ordinary means, and when this failed he went to "plan B".

Norwegians are by no means the worst offenders in this, and I'm surprised this act doesn't happen in Sweden before it does in Norway since Swedish media are almost on a North Korean level when it comes to obfuscation, lies and blanket omission.

It's simple reason: Put a lid on a boiling pot and you get a very predictable result.