Game of Thrones interactive maps and history from HBO

Started by JonasSalk, July 05, 2011, 02:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on July 12, 2011, 12:30:33 PM
There has never been any indication given anywhere at any time that anyone knew about Jaime and Cersei together in the tower room

Now you are overstating to protect your position.  You are certainly incorrect that nobody knew at anytime that they were in the tower. 

First, Bran knew  ;)
Second, Lady Stark found out.
Third, by book four it is more interesting to debate who didnt know. ;)

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 12, 2011, 12:43:32 PM
Quote from: Berkut on July 12, 2011, 12:30:33 PM
There has never been any indication given anywhere at any time that anyone knew about Jaime and Cersei together in the tower room

Now you are overstating to protect your position.  You are certainly incorrect that nobody knew at anytime that they were in the tower. 

First, Bran knew  ;)
Second, Lady Stark found out.
Third, by book four it is more interesting to debate who didnt know. ;)

Ahh, so your reason for assuming that some unknown person knew about what happened in the tower is because if Bran knew, then someone else must have known. Right.

And no, Lady Stark did not find out, she suspected that Bran saw something - but the start of that suspicion was the attempt on Brans life - you are arguing in circles here. The only reason the Starks suspected that Bran's accident was not an accident was that someone tried to kill him afterwards. You can't use that as evidence that someone else (someone in Kings Landing even!) knew there was something more to his accident.

It is interesting that your claim that it is reasonable that Baelish knew that Brans accident was not an accident and hence knew to try to kill him is 100% based on evidence that never came out until long after the attempt on Bran, and that only came out as a result of the attempt on Bran. What a wonderful imagination you have, all in pursuit of the almost childish desire to see Baelish as the super villain responsible for everything.

Even when there is literally zero evidence that he had anything to do with it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on July 12, 2011, 12:57:41 PM
Ahh, so your reason for assuming that some unknown person knew about what happened in the tower is because if Bran knew, then someone else must have known. Right.

Nope, simply pointing out that your denials are becoming overreaching.

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 12, 2011, 01:34:34 PM
Quote from: Berkut on July 12, 2011, 12:57:41 PM

Nope, simply pointing out that your denials are becoming overreaching.

My denials are talking about what was known at the time Baelish would have to hatch your imagined plot. At that point, nobody knew what you claim he somehow knows, and there is no evidence anywhere in all the books that anyone knew at that point that Brans accident was anything but an accident. Which is exactly what I said, and is pretty obvious, I think, to everyone (even you). I never claimed that nobody ever found out about Cersei and Jaime (which would of course be rather absurd on the face of it). Why you would intentionally mis-interpret my post in such a manner is rather beyond me - you aren't typically this intellectually, well, "flexible".

But I don't think we are really having an honest discussion anymore - just playing the Languish argument game. Which is much more boring than actually talking about these excellent novels. I think I will go back to watching for the postman...

0 rows returned

Sophie Scholl

Anyone know the time between the fall and the setting out of the King's party back to King's Landing?  Anyone know the exact distance between King's Landing and Winterfell "as the raven flies"?  Anyone know how long said distance would take to cover twice, to get information there and back?  It seems like it'd be a very narrow window of opportunity if it were possible at all.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Berkut

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on July 12, 2011, 02:06:05 PM
Anyone know the time between the fall and the setting out of the King's party back to King's Landing?  Anyone know the exact distance between King's Landing and Winterfell "as the raven flies"?  Anyone know how long said distance would take to cover twice, to get information there and back?  It seems like it'd be a very narrow window of opportunity if it were possible at all.

We know that it was around a fortnight between the fall and the kings party leaving Winterfell (I believe it was "under a fortnight") and then 8 days after the Kings party left was the attempt on Bran's life. So somewhere around 3 weeks altogther.

However, I don't think these things matter, since referring to actual physical times and ability of ravens as a messenger service just shows that you lack imagination. This all works if you just imagine that it works.

0 rows returned

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Brain

So there's magic that can bring the dead back but some kind of remote audiovisual magic is out of the question?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

Quote from: The Brain on July 12, 2011, 02:31:17 PM
So there's magic that can bring the dead back but some kind of remote audiovisual magic is out of the question?

Yes, that is correct.

0 rows returned

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

The maesters have a secret underground telegraph system.
██████
██████
██████

syk

Solmyr

Quote from: Siege on July 12, 2011, 11:37:41 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on July 12, 2011, 05:16:58 AM
Considering the "assassin" was a complete moron, it makes little sense that Littlefinger would employ him, and much more sense that Joffrey just shoved a dagger and a bag of silver into some random guy's hands and sent him on his way.

What's that in your avatar?

That's not what I think it is, right?

http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/photoshop/1/5/0/68150_slide.jpg

Solmyr

You know, Littlefinger is far more interesting if he doesn't actually secretly control everything behind the scenes.