Game of Thrones interactive maps and history from HBO

Started by JonasSalk, July 05, 2011, 02:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

JonasSalk

Languish first! I break the glass ceiling yet again!
Yuman

Sophie Scholl

Nice.  They have CoA's for a lot of the minor houses in there, even ones not shown on the series so far.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Siege

So, who gave the knife to the assassin that instead of putting Bran out of his misery after falling, managed to get himself killed by Summer?

When Catelyn asked Jaime, he said he was sure it was not Tyrion or Cersei.
He also said he remember the knife passing hands from Tyrion to Robert himself, after Jaime was dismounted by Loras at some Tourney.
Does this means Robert send the assassin to kill Bran?????!!!!!!!!
The assumption have always been Robert didn't know about Cerseis infidelity, and he would put her to sword if he knew.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

grumbler

Quote from: Siege on July 07, 2011, 06:17:14 PM
So, who gave the knife to the assassin that instead of putting Bran out of his misery after falling, managed to get himself killed by Summer?

He also said he remember the knife passing hands from Tyrion to Robert himself, after Jaime was dismounted by Loras at some Tourney.
The assumption have always been Robert didn't know about Cerseis infidelity, and he would put her to sword if he knew.
Do you really want this spoiled?  Because the person responsible was also responsible for the death of several other major characters.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

I thought you read the books?

Though I'll understand if you forget, we learn who did it way after it's plot relevant and it's kind of an anticlimactic revelation.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Shame its all so basic, just rough information about the main places. But expected from the TV show rather than book fans.

I never did get why a town didn't develop at the inn at the crossroads.
That would be a perfect place for any lord with half a brain to try and develop a nice trading city....
██████
██████
██████

Siege

Quote from: grumbler on July 07, 2011, 06:21:19 PM

Do you really want this spoiled?  Because the person responsible was also responsible for the death of several other major characters.

Ok, who did it?
I read the books a long time ago and I don't remember.
Cersei, right?

Siege

Quote from: Tyr on July 07, 2011, 07:24:31 PM
Shame its all so basic, just rough information about the main places. But expected from the TV show rather than book fans.

I never did get why a town didn't develop at the inn at the crossroads.
That would be a perfect place for any lord with half a brain to try and develop a nice trading city....

Yeah. GRR Martin drops the ball far to frequently.
Like why wouldn't Theon kill the Summer and Shaggydog after he took Winterfell.
They were nicely locked. A couple archers from the walls and bye bye.

Razgovory

It's the character who normally does stupid and evil things without much of a motive. I suppose he character is supposed to be a sociopath.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Quote from: Siege on July 07, 2011, 10:06:04 PM
Yeah. GRR Martin drops the ball far to frequently.
Like why wouldn't Theon kill the Summer and Shaggydog after he took Winterfell.
They were nicely locked. A couple archers from the walls and bye bye.

:huh:  Why not put everyone to the sword after taking it, by that logic?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on July 07, 2011, 10:11:42 PM
It's the character who normally does stupid and evil things without much of a motive. I suppose he character is supposed to be a sociopath.

Cersei, right?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien