News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

VISION QUEST TO THE WEST

Started by Lettow77, May 16, 2011, 05:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Chinamen girls! Their vaginas have teeth. Mew and squee!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Also, remember the Shadowrun world hasn't actually happened, so the Imperial Japanese Marines have not occupied San Francisco.

Lettow77

Actually! I will be in the bay area for an extended period of time, it seems. I have business there.

I shall not be discouraged that, as of yet, no bold languishites have stepped forward with offers to meet me personally. They are all very shy out West.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

Well, garbon moved to NY and Jaron is AWOL, don't think there are any other Californians here.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

I wonder why none ever does a vision quest to the east.

Altho, I guess going to Japan from America is going to the East.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Quote from: katmai on May 16, 2011, 06:54:28 PM
What is this free range shit? We haven't kept them in cages in 60 some years.
What I do in my personal life is none of your business.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 19, 2011, 08:01:28 AM

Going west is about manifest destiny. Not so applicable to the east.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on May 19, 2011, 08:40:50 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 19, 2011, 08:01:28 AM

Going west is about manifest destiny. Not so applicable to the east.

Going East would be a Lebensraum-quest, maybe? :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Drakken

Quote from: Lettow77 on May 16, 2011, 05:27:24 PM
In any event, in the tradition of Blanche, I will find myself relying on the kindness of strangers.

I think you missed the point - and the 9/10th - of the play. :sleep:

Jacob

Sould you find yourself in Vancouver, I will be willing to have tea with you - be it British style high tea or some of the fine Japanese or Chinese tea available.

One of my good friends is Japanese and her family has had the same tea shop in Japan for more than 700 years.

Lettow77

HRNNGHHH

Canada is quite distant, but the offer of tea and ANCIENT JAPANESE TEA SHOPS is extremely tempting. If I did come to vancouver, it'd be entirely on that basis. We'll certainly see. Thank you for the offer :3

Ed Anger

If you come to Ohio,(that is, if you are actually real) I'd shove a Snapple bottle up your ass.

Ideologue

I'd let you stay with me, but bear in mind I'm bored out of my mind.  And if you wore Confederate memorabilia I'd have to beat you with a towel full of Reese's cups.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on May 19, 2011, 10:00:36 AM
I'd let you stay with me, but bear in mind I'm bored out of my mind.  And if you wore Confederate memorabilia I'd have to beat you with a towel full of Reese's cups.

:XD:

Lettow77

Quote from: Drakken on May 19, 2011, 09:22:24 AM

I think you missed the point - and the 9/10th - of the play. :sleep:

The point was that poles are a depraved class of yankee, wasn't it?