Martinus

Here's the plan of the flat for reference:

TARAS means BALCONY
POKOJ means ROOM
POKOJ DZIENNY means LIVING ROOM
KUCHNIA means KITCHEN
LAZIENKA means BATHROOM
KORYTARZ means CORRIDOR/HALL

I am planning to knock down the wall between the kitchen and the living room and have an "island" style kitchen unit there. I could divide the living room in two (where the semi-wall is) with a tv stand, like in one of the pictures, too.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on May 11, 2011, 11:25:56 AM
I like bricks.  :hmm:

Exposed brick is a lot like IKEA;  after a certain age/income level, you outgrow it.

Grey Fox

2 Bathrooms & a retarded kitchen.

Euros.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 11, 2011, 12:07:30 PM

Euros.
?
One is a master/ private bathroom
Other is the public one. Sides it is a two bedroom loft so what is wrong with two bathrooms ya freaky quacker.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: katmai on May 11, 2011, 12:12:45 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 11, 2011, 12:07:30 PM

Euros.
?
One is a master/ private bathroom
Other is the public one. Sides it is a two bedroom loft so what is wrong with two bathrooms ya freaky quacker.

Nothing in it self. It's couple with the retarded kitchen that it comes an issue. The floor plan could be designed better to have more kitchen room instead of a 2nd bathroom.

Also, I think that in 1000 sq feet apartment 2 bathroom is a waste of time/space. There's 1 in mine & I really don't see the need of a 2nd one.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Everyone I asked has stressed the importance of two bathrooms, both for guests and for living with someone (hint: at least one at all times does not smell like shit).

katmai

Well if you clean them it is amazing how they won't smell like shit.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on May 11, 2011, 12:25:03 PM

Seriously...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

I dunno Marty - the whole "loft" look is all about big open spaces, and your new condo seems really small...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Camerus

The original flat looks like the set of a bad vampire movie.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on May 11, 2011, 12:25:03 PM

:secret: It will still smell like shit when it's just been used.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on May 11, 2011, 02:16:22 PM
I dunno Marty - the whole "loft" look is all about big open spaces, and your new condo seems really small...

Uhm dude, it's 100 square metres. You will hardly find anything bigger in Europe.

Malthus

I prefer the "KUCHNIA" to be open-concept with the "POKOJ DZIENNY". It totally agree with your plan to knock down that wall.

It isn't in my house, and the confining/pokey kitchen is something I intend to remedy with an addition ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Monoriu

A home purchaser has responsibility to maintain the same decoration and layout as the intention of the original developer.

Malthus

Quote from: Monoriu on May 11, 2011, 03:57:52 PM
A home purchaser has responsibility to maintain the same decoration and layout as the intention of the original developer.

I'd find that a trifle difficult - my home was built in 1932.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius