And we're back!

Main Menu

Would you decorate a flat like that?

Started by Martinus, May 10, 2011, 05:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: Malthus on May 11, 2011, 04:00:00 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on May 11, 2011, 03:57:52 PM
A home purchaser has responsibility to maintain the same decoration and layout as the intention of the original developer.

I'd find that a trifle difficult - my home was built in 1932.  :D

And my wife has declared that if I say that again she will seek a divorce  :Embarrass:

The Larch

A home purchaser has responsibility to maintain the same decoration and layout as the intention of the original developer.

As soon as you purchase it it's yours to do as you please.

As long as it's not a landmark building, or something, of course.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on May 11, 2011, 03:32:38 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 11, 2011, 02:16:22 PM
I dunno Marty - the whole "loft" look is all about big open spaces, and your new condo seems really small...

Uhm dude, it's 100 square metres. You will hardly find anything bigger in Europe.

What's that in Earth measurements?

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 11, 2011, 05:03:59 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 11, 2011, 03:32:38 PM
I dunno Marty - the whole "loft" look is all about big open spaces, and your new condo seems really small...

Uhm dude, it's 100 square metres. You will hardly find anything bigger in Europe.

What's that in Earth measurements?

100 m² = 1076.391 ft²

He'd get overexcited about 1000 sq feet.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

:lol:

But seriously, if you think that a 1000 sq. feet condo is small, you shouldn't really come to live in a European city.

Eddie Teach

It's big enough for 5 or 6 Chinese civil servants.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

So where are you going to put the hamster wheel?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on May 12, 2011, 02:20:35 AM
:lol:

But seriously, if you think that a 1000 sq. feet condo is small, you shouldn't really come to live in a European city.

1000ft^2 isn't small for one person, to be sure.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Pedrito

I agree; the spaces in your apartment, although rather big, are too small to fit with the kind of decoration you like.
Very important What's the ceiling height? And is the living room luminous enough? If you plan to decorate with bricks, but you don't have a large room with high ceilings and wide windows, you'll risk ending with a place that looks more a wine cellar than a loft.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Larch

If you get into full wall-tearing mode, I'd also think about scrapping the separation with the corridor and that silly wall between the windows in the living room, in order to maximize the open space thingie.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 11, 2011, 11:59:48 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 11, 2011, 11:25:56 AM
I like bricks.  :hmm:

Exposed brick is a lot like IKEA;  after a certain age/income level, you outgrow it.
If the place he was moving into then sure brick is fine. But is he planning to actually put brick over the walls?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Quote from: Pedrito on May 12, 2011, 03:43:52 AM
I agree; the spaces in your apartment, although rather big, are too small to fit with the kind of decoration you like.
Very important What's the ceiling height? And is the living room luminous enough? If you plan to decorate with bricks, but you don't have a large room with high ceilings and wide windows, you'll risk ending with a place that looks more a wine cellar than a loft.

L.

That is why I am paying $6000 to an interior decorator - to make sure whatever I have in mind looks good in the space I have. ;)

Grey Fox

What if the developer had no intention in decoration?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grallon

Quote from: Martinus on May 11, 2011, 12:22:06 PM
Everyone I asked ...

Aren't you supposed to leave?  <_<

You know, I was against the prank when I realized it was one devised for the sole purpose of ostracizing you.  Now somebody else has been banned, for your sake, while you come back in here to 'entertain' us with the above inanities.   You either have no pride or no shame.  Is it inborn or is that the consequence of your bed practices?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox

Some people don't understand a joke, even when they are not part of it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.