Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on May 10, 2011, 02:58:49 PM
  Big hardwood floors, lots of exposed brick and support beams,

Can you gay it down a bit, please.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 10, 2011, 02:51:36 PM
I would not want a glass wall around my bedroom(or anywhere else for that matter).

Aside from aesthetics, it's a fucking nasty accident waiting to happen.  I wouldn't have a glass-top table of any kind, either.

I do like the hardwood floors, in theory.  In practice, they're high-maintenance.

Caliga

Quote from: dps on May 10, 2011, 04:15:04 PM
Aside from aesthetics, it's a fucking nasty accident waiting to happen.  I wouldn't have a glass-top table of any kind, either.
I have a glass-top table in my kitchen dining area and it's been fine.  Kind of a bitch to clean though, or rather it needs constant cleaning.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

alfred russel

When I tried to open Marti's link, it was blocked by my workfilter with this message: ""Adult/Mature Content;LGBT".
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Quote from: alfred russel on May 10, 2011, 06:42:56 PM
When I tried to open Marti's link, it was blocked by my workfilter with this message: ""Adult/Mature Content;LGBT".

LOL. The Gaydar software works.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

BuddhaRhubarb

I like the shower, but the rest, too 90's looking. depressing, that was a crappy decade.
:p

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on May 10, 2011, 06:42:56 PM
Wow, that's pretty retarded. Does it mean that your work filter would block, e.g. websites dedicated to gay rights issues?

Martinus

What about something like this (this is not a single flat, btw, just an inspiration/style):

I like bricks.  :hmm:

Queequeg

Way better.  The first is actually kind of tasteful.

Whenever I'm looking for interior decorating inspiration, I check out Design Within Reach.  Somewhat ironically out of my reach, but it's a style I love (mostly Retro-Modern.) 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Brain

Did anyone mention the redecorating scene from Wall Street yet?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Queequeg on May 11, 2011, 11:32:34 AM

Whenever I'm looking for interior decorating inspiration, I check out Design Within Reach.  Somewhat ironically out of my reach, but it's a style I love (mostly Retro-Modern.) 
Agreed. Except for the art work about the place its kind of nice. Not sure about bare bricks in the bedroom though, especially in Poland, kinda cold.

I notice a lack of storage space though...
Kind of nice for a crashpad in the city for some rich dude with his real house elsewhere but for someone with all the baggage of life in that place?...
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Yeah, it's nice. In terms of colour/layout, I actually like the third one the most, although I would probably go for something slightly less "raw" (e.g. instead of naked grey walls, some sort of grey paint etc.)

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on May 11, 2011, 11:40:22 AM

Agreed. Except for the art work about the place its kind of nice. Not sure about bare bricks in the bedroom though, especially in Poland, kinda cold.

I notice a lack of storage space though...
Kind of nice for a crashpad in the city for some rich dude with his real house elsewhere but for someone with all the baggage of life in that place?...

Well, as I said, it's more about style than what goes where. I have two bedrooms and will have a large storage wardrobe in the hall, so there should be enough space for that.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Brain on May 10, 2011, 11:52:20 AM
Paint your walls black and start listening to annoying crap music. Er, just paint your walls black.

When I went off to college my brother painted my walls black, which was odd since they were wood panel.  I painted them white so I could see where the fuck I was going.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017