[Canadian Election Results] Harper vs Iggy vs the 'stache

Started by Barrister, May 02, 2011, 04:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Malthus

Quote from: Drakken on May 02, 2011, 09:15:01 PM
BQ is being mangled in Quebec. 60 NDPs in advance, one elected. Only 6 BQ in advance. :bleeding:

I'm going insane, bangling my head on the wall.

Down to 4.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

Quote from: Drakken on May 02, 2011, 09:44:20 PM
TVA gives a Majority Government to Harper.

I called it an hour ago!

I think the over-reported NDP surge scared many Toronto Liberals to the PC.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grallon

What's also encouraging is that senior ministers of the current govt in Quebec are being beaten.  Hmmm  This new NDP will be seriously Qc centric - yet also acceptable for outsiders.

Sadly Justin Trudeau is still surviving  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Malthus

Quote from: Neil on May 02, 2011, 09:14:39 PM
Quote from: Josephus on May 02, 2011, 09:11:50 PM
They're doing better than expected in Toronto. (The Cons). Their overall vote percentage hasn't seemed to change much, but they're winning seats. A lot of them may be very close though. Iggy's having a tough ride in his own riding.
I noticed that the Tories were leading inside the 401, which sounded weird to me.

Iggy deserves to lose.  Parachuting candidates are usually pretty bad.

I was hoping for a minority gov't again - but I'm happy if Iggy loses in my riding.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Drakken

Duceppe is officially defeated in Laurier-Sainte-Marie.

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on May 02, 2011, 09:40:25 PM
The Cons will get their majority in the 416 area code.

And Toronto fucks the country yet again. Then they wonder why everybody hates on them <_<

I thought it was because the Leafs are a bunch of losers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on May 02, 2011, 09:46:36 PM
Quote from: Drakken on May 02, 2011, 09:44:20 PM
TVA gives a Majority Government to Harper.

I called it an hour ago!

I think the over-reported NDP surge scared many Toronto Liberals to the PC.

Over-reported?

It's an NDP sweep of historic dimensions.

They have crushed the Bloc and damn near crushed the Libs!

Grallon

So... the Bloc will likely commit suicide after tonight.  That should be enough to whip the PQ into a frenzy.  ^_^

And I'm watching Thomas Mulclair speaking before his own partisans.  There's the next NDP leader methinks - a man acceptable for Quebec's nationalists.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Josephus

Liz may get her seat finally. That means she gets on the debate next time.  :(

Although with Harper's dicta...majority, we probably won't get a next time. A decade's worth of proroguing.

CBC just called it MAJORITY

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grallon

This is good.  As I said Harper will abuse this majority and then we'll be able to flush out the Conservatives.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Ancient Demon

This has certainly been an interesting election, regardless of which party one supports. Who could have predicted the rise of the NDP in Quebec? Also I'm quite pleased to see that the Conservatives are set to win a majority.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Josephus