[Canadian Election Results] Harper vs Iggy vs the 'stache

Started by Barrister, May 02, 2011, 04:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Conservative vote in Ontario up by five per cent; but seats up by 16.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grallon

150 Conservative in advance, 105 NDP, 32 Liberals and... 4 Bloc *shakes head*

Oh ... no offense westerners - Central Canada still decide what goes on in this country federation - no matter how deep blue the West is painted.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Drakken

This is done, we'll have a Harper dictatorsh... I mean a Conservative Majority government.

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on May 02, 2011, 09:28:26 PM
Ignatieff is finished and I'm wondering if the Liberal Party isn't as well...  I can see the NDP swallowing the Liberals now.  And that is the only way to challenge Harper in 4 years.
Back to two parties?  It would actually be pretty even then, as the blue Libs flee the crazy NDP.  Even if you think the Liberals are bloodied and disorganized right now, they still have a lot of brand value.  Their long-term prospects are good.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

So how many seats has NDP ever had in one government?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Drakken

Quote from: katmai on May 02, 2011, 09:34:25 PM

About 46 under Ed Broadbent, the Dear Leader(tm).

Never formed a government.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Quote from: katmai on May 02, 2011, 09:34:25 PM

I believe none. Before tonite the most seats they held was 48. In 1988?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

No doubt, Neil, a merge would send a lot of Libs running to the Blues; but it's still something worth considering, I think.

Drakken

Drakken

Zoupa

The Cons will get their majority in the 416 area code.

And Toronto fucks the country yet again. Then they wonder why everybody hates on them <_<

Grallon

Quote from: Neil on May 02, 2011, 09:33:53 PM

Back to two parties?  It would actually be pretty even then, as the blue Libs flee the crazy NDP.  Even if you think the Liberals are bloodied and disorganized right now, they still have a lot of brand value.  Their long-term prospects are good.

Depends entirely on the next few years.  Should the NDP sell themselves well enough to dislodge the Harper govt, which is sure to abuse its majority - considering how they did so while being a minority gvt, the Liberal brand would/will fade away.

Times are a-changing it seems.

Now we need the PQ back in power in Quebec.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Drakken

Difference between the NDP and BQ in Laurier-Sainte-Marie is actually increasing. Duceppe is on his way out.  :moon: