[Canadian Election Results] Harper vs Iggy vs the 'stache

Started by Barrister, May 02, 2011, 04:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

One can always count on BB to be petty - predictable as the sun rises.   :P

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on May 02, 2011, 09:40:25 PM
The Cons will get their majority in the 416 area code.

And Toronto fucks the country yet again. Then they wonder why everybody hates on them <_<

Today, every Westerner loves Toronto and Ontario. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Grallon on May 02, 2011, 10:53:55 PM

One can always count on BB to be petty - predictable as the sun rises.   :P

Predictable, I'm guilty.

But petty? :huh:

Barrister

And I'm ecstatic that the Conservatives are leading in Yukon. :cool:

Grallon

Quote from: Barrister on May 02, 2011, 10:55:38 PM

Rejoicing at the weaknesses of others  BB, since it must be spelled out for you.

Actually 'rejoicing' isn't the proper term: 'chortling' is more appropriate - therein lies your pettiness.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Barrister

Quote from: Grallon on May 02, 2011, 10:58:02 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 02, 2011, 10:55:38 PM

Rejoicing at the weaknesses of others  BB, since it must be spelled out for you.

If it's wrong to rejoice at the weakness of separatists, then I don't want to be right.

:Canuck:

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on May 02, 2011, 10:12:12 PM
A Conservative majority, eh? I guess we'll see what Harper's all about now.

I predict that you won't like it, but that a slim majority of Canadians will find he isn't nearly so scary as they might have thought.

Rex Francorum

Wow, an interesting outcome.

The NDP's tsunami in Québec.  :blink: :wub:

The Bloc should be wiped out for its own sake. Wonder what will happen with them?

As for the Tories, they won't have any excuse now to blame the opposition for deficits and bad decisions. Will be interesting to watch them.
To rent

Grallon

Quote from: Barrister on May 02, 2011, 11:00:46 PM

If it's wrong to rejoice at the weakness of separatists, then I don't want to be right.

Keep on believing this BB.  You and every Canadians. ^_^

C'est incroyable comment ces gens ne comprennent rien parce qu'ils ne veulent rien comprendre! *hoche la tête*

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on May 02, 2011, 10:55:38 PMBut petty? :huh:

You do come across as quite petty on Canadian politics, yeah. I mean, you're a decent guy and we know that, but you seem to approach politics like the fan of a sports team which leaves you open to seeming petty.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on May 02, 2011, 10:54:52 PMToday, every Westerner loves Toronto and Ontario. -_-

The most Western riding is trending NDP (more than 60%) with 104/250 polls counted.

Edit: Actually, no, the Western most riding is the Yukon and they look like they're going Con. But there are plenty of Westerners who aren't happy with the GTA and Southern Ontario swing to the Conservatives.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on May 02, 2011, 10:52:17 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 02, 2011, 10:49:20 PM
Duceppe has the best speech of the night so far.  As much as I disagree with him, I always respected him.
:rolleyes:

I thought Iggy's speech was fine.  Nothing about Duceppe's speech has impressed (other than his resignation :yeah:).
Maybe it didn't translate well.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on May 02, 2011, 10:56:52 PM
Did you gaol all the dissenting voices?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on May 02, 2011, 11:08:47 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 02, 2011, 10:54:52 PMToday, every Westerner loves Toronto and Ontario. -_-

The most Western riding is trending NDP (more than 60%) with 104/250 polls counted.

Edit: Actually, no, the Western most riding is the Yukon and they look like they're going Con. But there are plenty of Westerners who aren't happy with the GTA and Southern Ontario swing to the Conservatives.

You knew I wouldn't let that one go by. :)

And as far as I can tell the Conservatives got 50% or more of the vote in Western Canada, from 47% in BC, to 67% in Alberta.  So not that many Westerners.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on May 02, 2011, 11:13:16 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 02, 2011, 10:56:52 PM
Did you gaol all the dissenting voices?

Ironically my wife knows the knew Conservative MP pretty well - he was a high up manager at the Whitehorse Correctional Centre / Yukon Justice.