[Canadian Election Results] Harper vs Iggy vs the 'stache

Started by Barrister, May 02, 2011, 04:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Only 3 Liberal MPs in advance here.

This is not an election, it is a Orange Crush tidal wave.

Grallon

Yes I can rejoice in a way - the Liberal Party is getting blasted as well.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Drakken

Quote from: Grallon on May 02, 2011, 09:18:25 PM
Yes I can rejoice in a way - the Liberal Party is getting blasted as well.

G.

Yeah, but 3 BQ MPs in advance? Are u maddz?

Grallon

The Conservatives are at 10 seats of the majority...

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox

Quote from: Drakken on May 02, 2011, 09:15:01 PM
BQ is being mangled in Quebec. 60 NDPs in advance, one elected. Only 6 BQ in advance. :bleeding:

I'm going insane, bangling my head on the wall.

Why?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Drakken

NDP is in advance in Laurier-Sainte-Marie, Gilles Duceppe's riding.  :lmfao:

Grey Fox

Even if you dislike the NDP, It seems Quebec has finally woke up & join the Confederation.

Grallon

Quote from: Drakken on May 02, 2011, 09:19:28 PM

Yeah, but 3 BQ MPs in advance? Are u maddz?

The Separatists need a serious whiplash to wake them up - the Liberals being destroyed in Qc is a bonus since they're the only possible organization with deep enough roots to challenge the Bloc - beyond this current orange wave.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Drakken

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 02, 2011, 09:20:20 PM
Why?

Had anyone told me that the NDP would elect 60 MPs here and the BQ not even 10, I would have had them locked at Pinel and the key thrown away.

Josephus

Well, time for discussions over an NDP-Liberal merge of sometime to begin. The NDP nor the Liberals will never win as long as votes keep being split.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Drakken

Grey Fox

Quote from: Drakken on May 02, 2011, 09:22:05 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 02, 2011, 09:20:20 PM
Why?

Had anyone told me that the NDP would elect 60 MPs here and the BQ not even 10, I would have had them locked at Pinel and the key thrown away.

It's crazy but not bang your head in the wall crazy.

Grallon

Ignatieff is finished and I'm wondering if the Liberal Party isn't as well...  I can see the NDP swallowing the Liberals now.  And that is the only way to challenge Harper in 4 years.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Drakken

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 02, 2011, 09:27:54 PM
It's crazy but not bang your head in the wall crazy.

Not crazy? At the height of his popularity, Ed Broadbent had less than 50 MPs. We're swimming in Orange Crush right now.

Josephus

That NDP chick who went to Vegas during the campaign is leading her Quebec riding. :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011