The Obama "To Make Important Statement" MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, May 01, 2011, 09:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on May 09, 2011, 02:47:18 PM
For those who wish to get angry at the stupidity of leftists, I present to you Noam Chomsky's take on the death of Bin Laden.

http://www.guernicamag.com/blog/2652/noam_chomsky_my_reaction_to_os/

He he.  I particularly enjoyed the use of the word uncontroversially.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on May 08, 2011, 06:48:16 PM
I was screwing around on Google Earth earlier and located bin Laden's compound.  Contrary to early media reports, it is NOT right next to the Pakistani Military Academy... it's a little under a mile away.  So yeah, close, but not like it's immediately adjacent.

That's pretty much what I heard from the beginning.

BTW did you check out the nearby Abottabad Golf Club? :lol: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=2021036936637538869&q=Abbottabad+Golf+Club&ie=UTF8&ll=34.157539,73.224252&spn=0,0&t=h&z=17
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on May 09, 2011, 03:46:23 PM
Chomsky just isn't any fun anymore.

What a let-down.  :P

I saw you name after the Chomsky article was posted and though "boy, this is gonna be good ..."
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

Hillary is too sexy for some Jews.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/09/hillary-clinton-der-tzitung-removed-situation-room_n_859254.html .  If that didn't hit close to home, I would laugh at those reactionary losers.

Josephus

For those who wish to get angry at the stupidity of leftists, I present to you Noam Chomsky's take on the death of Bin Laden.

I didn't get angry when I read it. What specifically made you angry? Or do you not believe that people are entitled to opinion?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on May 09, 2011, 04:39:13 PM
Hillary is too sexy for some Jews.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/09/hillary-clinton-der-tzitung-removed-situation-room_n_859254.html .  If that didn't hit close to home, I would laugh at those reactionary losers.

If Hillary is too sexy for you, it is time to re-evaluate your religion.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on May 09, 2011, 04:44:43 PM

I didn't get angry when I read it. What specifically made you angry? Or do you not believe that people are entitled to opinion?

People are entitled to their stupid and moronic opinion, yes.   :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

I didn't get angry either.  I just got  more contemptuous, about the heights of sophistry people of Chomsky's ilk will rise to reinforce their religious belief that US = wrong and anyone opposed to US = right.

Caliga

QuoteIt's like naming our murder weapons after victims of our crimes: Apache, Tomahawk... It's as if the Luftwaffe were to call its fighter planes "Jew" and "Gypsy."
:lol:

Chomsky = EPIC WIN.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

dps

Quote from: Caliga on May 09, 2011, 05:28:21 PM
QuoteIt’s like naming our murder weapons after victims of our crimes: Apache, Tomahawk… It’s as if the Luftwaffe were to call its fighter planes “Jew” and “Gypsy.”

Chomsky = EPIC WIN.

Apparantly, he doesn't even know what a tomahawk is.

Ed Anger

Or do you not believe that people are entitled to opinion?

Some people aren't.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: dps on May 09, 2011, 05:59:37 PM
QuoteIt's like naming our murder weapons after victims of our crimes: Apache, Tomahawk... It's as if the Luftwaffe were to call its fighter planes "Jew" and "Gypsy."

Chomsky = EPIC WIN.

A tomahawk is a victim of Chomsky and company's crimes.  But then, pretty much everything is that.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Chomsky = EPIC WIN.

I assume he was talking about a missile rather than an axe.

dps

Quote from: DGuller on May 09, 2011, 06:09:13 PM
QuoteIt’s like naming our murder weapons after victims of our crimes: Apache, Tomahawk… It’s as if the Luftwaffe were to call its fighter planes “Jew” and “Gypsy.”

Chomsky = EPIC WIN.

I assume he was talking about a missile rather than an axe.

whoosh