The Obama "To Make Important Statement" MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, May 01, 2011, 09:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on May 08, 2011, 08:49:51 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 07, 2011, 11:59:12 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 07, 2011, 11:17:52 PM
After we just gave up our civil liberties, trillions of dollars, and ease of transportation to get this guy you find it surprising we are happy the whole thing actually ended up happening?  We are not made of stone you know :P

Valmy, you can't reach Weenies.  Just can't.

Besides, we've been through all this before...the deficits...the unnecessary wars...the loss of civil liberties.  And you know what?  We got over it.  And the world is still better off without the Soviet Union.
Besides, we've been through all this before...the deficits...the unnecessary wars...the loss of civil liberties.  And you know what?  We got over it.  And the world is still better off without Hitler.

Besides, we've been through all this before...the deficits...the unnecessary wars...the loss of civil liberties.  And you know what?  We got over it.  And the world is still better off without the Kaiser.

Besides, we've been through all this before...the deficits...the unnecessary wars...the loss of civil liberties.  And you know what?  We got over it.  And the world is still better off without slavery.

See, Valmy?  Always ask somebody who was there.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on May 08, 2011, 09:15:05 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 08, 2011, 08:49:51 AM
Besides, we've been through all this before...the deficits...the unnecessary wars...the loss of civil liberties.  And you know what?  We got over it.  And the world is still better off without the Kaiser.
Maybe.

I'm not convinced on that one either.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 08, 2011, 11:04:46 AM
Niggas, please.  The Kaiser?  C'mon.

He wasn't that bad.  Imperial Germany was less free then France but more free then say, Russia.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on May 08, 2011, 11:39:25 AM

He wasn't that bad.  Imperial Germany was less free then France but more free then say, Russia.
Freedom isn't really isn't as important as, say, containing French ambitions.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

:lol:  So that's how you define "not that bad?"  More "free" than Imperial Russia? 

You define.... poorly.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on May 08, 2011, 01:05:15 PM
The Kaiser promoted French ambitions via his cancellation of the Reinsurance Treaty.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on May 08, 2011, 01:25:24 PM

:lol:  So that's how you define "not that bad?"  More "free" than Imperial Russia? 

You define.... poorly.

I am unclear as to what issue you have with what I said.

Razgovory

I'd say containing Russian ambitions were more important.

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on May 08, 2011, 01:25:34 PM
The Kaiser promoted French ambitions via his cancellation of the Reinsurance Treaty.
Yes, but he did so less than the French themselves, and so is the preferable choice.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on May 08, 2011, 02:47:18 PM
The Russians were contained by their own incompetence.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on May 08, 2011, 03:04:53 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 08, 2011, 02:47:18 PM
The Russians were contained by their own incompetence.

Some of the time.  Russia was never as strong as it appeared nor was it as weak as it was appeared.  Besides a bullet is better spent fired at the Russians then it is against the French.  Well at least the French post Napoleon.

Caliga

I was screwing around on Google Earth earlier and located bin Laden's compound.  Contrary to early media reports, it is NOT right next to the Pakistani Military Academy... it's a little under a mile away.  So yeah, close, but not like it's immediately adjacent.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

For those who wish to get angry at the stupidity of leftists, I present to you Noam Chomsky's take on the death of Bin Laden.

http://www.guernicamag.com/blog/2652/noam_chomsky_my_reaction_to_os/
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on May 09, 2011, 02:47:18 PM
For those who wish to get angry at the stupidity of leftists, I present to you Noam Chomsky's take on the death of Bin Laden.

http://www.guernicamag.com/blog/2652/noam_chomsky_my_reaction_to_os/

Well, that was bizarre.  Osama is a "suspect" while GWB, who hasn't even been charged with a crime is already guilty.