News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Somali piracy

Started by Scipio, April 10, 2009, 05:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Bombing Somali pirates with an actual battleship dropped from the air (no, let's say SPACE) would be the hottest thing ever.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on April 13, 2009, 02:20:15 PM
Bombing Somali pirates with an actual battleship dropped from the air (no, let's say SPACE) would be the hottest thing ever.

Too Japanese and too Timmay.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Pirates didn't learn their lesson. <_<

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30204891/
QuoteAP
updated 1 hour, 50 minutes ago

MOMBASA, Kenya - Undeterred by U.S. and French hostage rescues that killed seven bandits, Somali pirates brazenly hijacked three more ships in the Gulf of Aden, the key waterway that's become the focal point of the world's fight against piracy.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

ulmont

2 of those 3 ships were Egyptian fishing boats though, with less than 25 people on board.  Not quite the same type of haul.

Valmy

Do you really think the forces of tyranny and reaction can squash the eternal free spirit of salty Somalian Buccaneers Tim?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

The Hanstastic graph of the day.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Jefferson was a terrible president.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 14, 2009, 07:56:36 AM
Pirates didn't learn their lesson. <_<

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30204891/
QuoteAP
updated 1 hour, 50 minutes ago

MOMBASA, Kenya - Undeterred by U.S. and French hostage rescues that killed seven bandits, Somali pirates brazenly hijacked three more ships in the Gulf of Aden, the key waterway that's become the focal point of the world's fight against piracy.

Well not these pirates.  They haven't been shot yet!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on April 14, 2009, 07:56:00 PM
Don't steal my stichk.  <_<

1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 14, 2009, 08:06:12 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 14, 2009, 07:56:00 PM
Don't steal my stichk.  <_<
It was mine first.  I've opposed his yeomen farmer ideal since you were a boy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

I only recently realized that the 4 pirates were all teenagers.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.