The Cause of the American Civil War and the US Citizenship Test

Started by jimmy olsen, March 29, 2011, 06:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

If Portugal is so awesome, why do you live in Canada?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 30, 2011, 03:16:55 PM
If Portugal is so awesome, why do you live in Canada?  :huh:

Too warm in Portugal.  HVC loves snow and ice.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on March 30, 2011, 03:05:27 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 30, 2011, 01:19:35 PM
Quote from: HVC on March 30, 2011, 11:37:56 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 30, 2011, 10:42:02 AM
Portugal is awesome.
Damn straight!

Awesomely stupid.
Too late for clarification :P

Oh no, dear eggplant. You are tarred with Martim-ism and IKK-ism.

I have a lettow cross to bear, you have your slapnuts to bear.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on March 30, 2011, 10:25:10 AM
Quote from: Caliga on March 30, 2011, 10:15:49 AM
:huh: That's beside the point, as Martisilva's assertion that Grant kept owning slaves when he was President, well after slavery was illegal, is in and of itself laughable.

Grant was a capitalist. He had servants working for him in the White House.

All servants who do not own their own labor are slaves. Therefore Grant was a slaveowner.

This really is not the complicated.

Obama has servants working for him in the White House.  Therefore Obama is a slaveowner.  And obviously hates unions.

Martinus

Quote from: Maximus on March 30, 2011, 11:27:42 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 30, 2011, 02:02:33 AM
Is this a multiple choice test or you have to write in the answer?
It's a verbal exam, not multiple-choice. It's 3(I think, maybe a few more) questions picked randomly from a list. The list is public. Not very hard.

Ok, in that case I think the fact that "communism" is the only valid answer to the cold war question is more fucked up/idiotic than the fact that they accept three different answers to the civil war question.

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on March 31, 2011, 01:24:54 AM
Quote from: Maximus on March 30, 2011, 11:27:42 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 30, 2011, 02:02:33 AM
Is this a multiple choice test or you have to write in the answer?
It's a verbal exam, not multiple-choice. It's 3(I think, maybe a few more) questions picked randomly from a list. The list is public. Not very hard.

Ok, in that case I think the fact that "communism" is the only valid answer to the cold war question is more fucked up/idiotic than the fact that they accept three different answers to the civil war question.

They give you the questions and answers before the exam. If you are smart enough to come up with another answer to the cold war question, you are smart enough to remember that the answer they want is communism.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Brain

Good thing we don't have citizenship tests in Sweden. I'd hate to see what the PC crowd in charge would make our history look like.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

Quote from: The Brain on March 31, 2011, 11:35:44 AM
Good thing we don't have citizenship tests in Sweden. I'd hate to see what the PC crowd in charge would make our history look like.
:D   Really! But it would be so amusing!!