News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 11, 2017, 09:48:30 PM
Unlike Trump, he's better than all other alternative.

What do you have against Andrew Scheer?

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Surprisingly a lot for someone who only had the job a couple of weeks.

Abortion, same-sex marriage, home schooling, marijuana legalization, tough on crime, the Khadr reaction.

Shit, everything you must like about him I dislike.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on July 12, 2017, 10:45:21 AM
Quote from: viper37 on July 09, 2017, 05:32:46 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on July 08, 2017, 06:51:11 PM
Quote from: viper37 on July 08, 2017, 02:52:49 PM

and imho, people who never lived in Canada shouldn't get to keep their citizenship and all the protection it entails. 

So if I had a child, he can't be a citizen?   :cry:
Imho, citizenship should be stripped for people committing serious crime, like siding with the Chinese govt instead of the pro-democracy protestors.  ;)

Do they take away your citizenship in Canada for using the wrong gender pronoun?  Is that a serious enough crime up there?
We're still debating that one.  Apparently, it's wrong to indicate your children that they are a "boy" or a "girl" and you should use gender neutral pronom.  Give us 20 years of Liberal rule, and that will be a serious offense to use he/she.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 12, 2017, 11:00:10 AM

Abortion, same-sex marriage, home schooling, marijuana legalization, tough on crime, the Khadr reaction.

What has he done on abortion and same-sex marriage and home schooling that you dislike?

Tough crime, sure, but you'll be the first one to flee a crime ridden area.  My friend is like you.  But unfortunately, he can't manage to sell his house in leave Longueuil for a better neighbourhood so he has to resort to sending his daughters to a private school further away.

Wouldn't it be better to reduce crime than have poor poeple living in high criminality areas?

Marijuana legalization is another ploy by Trudeau to hurt the provinces.  Do you seriously think the Hell's Angels will go broke after legalization?  I can tell you for a fact they've been preparing for that eventuality since a while.   And there are, lik, one million other drugs of all kind available illegally.

The Kadhr reaction as right on point.  Exactly what I expect from a true leader, not a moron.  If Trudeau was so proud, why do it in secret?  Why wait while he's 6000km away?

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on July 12, 2017, 11:06:05 AM
Wouldn't it be better to reduce crime than have poor poeple living in high criminality areas?

You mean pack poor people into prisons.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

I hear prisons are full of convicted felons  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

What has he done on abortion and same-sex marriage and home schooling that you dislike?

Against, against, for.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on July 12, 2017, 11:16:38 AM
I hear prisons are full of convicted felons  :ph34r:

I always tell witnesses to hang on to their valuables in court because the building is literally full of criminals.  :ph34r:

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 12, 2017, 11:22:15 AM

Against, against, for.

I don't understand people like you.  Scheer and the Conservatives have promised to do absolutely nothing on abortion and gay marriage.  But that's not good enough.  It's not what they're going to do that offends you - it's what they privately think.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on July 12, 2017, 11:23:52 AM

Against, against, for.

I don't understand people like you.  Scheer and the Conservatives have promised to do absolutely nothing on abortion and gay marriage.  But that's not good enough.  It's not what they're going to do that offends you - it's what they privately think.

To get my vote? No, it is not enough. An empty promise based on political opportunity & not from conviction means that when the opportunity changes so will the promise.

P.S. How do you pronounced "promised"? Where is the emphasis?

HVC

Because politicians always keep their word :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Barrister on July 12, 2017, 11:23:52 AM

Hidden agenda, dog whistles, etc. ;)
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on July 12, 2017, 11:13:17 AM

You mean pack poor people into prisons.
Please, this is Canada.

viper37

Against, against, for.
That's his persona convictions.  I'm talking about party policy.  A politician is allowed to have personal convictions and recognize they don't have to apply to everyone.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 12, 2017, 11:39:43 AM
To get my vote? No, it is not enough. An empty promise based on political opportunity & not from conviction means that when the opportunity changes so will the promise.

You say things like that, and then you turn around and vote for the likes of Justin Trudeau.