News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

A spat between high school kids posted in notes stuck to a school bathroom mirror?  :lol:

Even for Languish, this is a low definition of "news".  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Camerus on June 06, 2017, 10:18:59 PM
Alberta schools? The article says the note was written by some boys at the school.
I didn't even read the article, just the first paragraph :D

still:
QuoteBreton High School dress code states shorts and skirts must exceed the length of arms and the inseam of shorts must be the minimum of one hand length. Straps for shirts must be three fingers wide for both male and female students and bra straps have to be covered. Students also have to cover up cleavage and navels and pants must be pulled up so that boxers aren't exposed. Any images or wording on clothing have to be appropriate for a school environment — and no hats allowed.

the first part is a little bit silly.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

My daughter's elementary school has the same dress code. I think it's fine.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 07, 2017, 09:27:36 AM
really?  I'm out of touche with modern regs.  We didn't use to have strict codes in public schools.  Even in private school, a girl without a bra was not uncommon.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Monoriu

Almost every school here requires students to wear uniforms. 

Josephus

Quote from: viper37 on June 07, 2017, 09:49:13 AM
really?  I'm out of touche with modern regs.  We didn't use to have strict codes in public schools.  Even in private school, a girl without a bra was not uncommon.

Pics?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on June 07, 2017, 10:10:17 AM

Pics?
we didn't have smart phones then :P

Barrister

Pics?

Reported.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Monoriu on June 07, 2017, 09:53:05 AM
Almost every school here requires students to wear uniforms.

Ugh.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Camerus

Meh, mandatory uniforms is good school policy.

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2017, 11:20:10 AM

Pics?

Reported.

Say what you want about pedophiles, but at least they follow the speed limit in school zones!

Josephus

you guys!

I was talking about Grade 12s, seniors, many of whom are 18 years old. Sheesh.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

In all seriousness, going back to what Viper said about girls and no bras...it can be a problem for male teachers or administrators. I remember reading a news story a few years back how a male teacher or principal got in trouble for commenting on a female student's inapprorpriate attire (can't remember what, probably tight yoga pants, or low riding jeans). The argument made was the male teacher shouldn't be noticing that.
Civis Romanus Sum

Grey Fox

When I was in high school, we had a 3 day strike because some girl got expelled for having blue hair.

Nowdays that school (where my kids will go) has a strict uniform code & I agree with it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 08, 2017, 08:03:19 AM
When I was in high school, we had a 3 day strike because some girl got expelled for having blue hair.

Nowdays that school (where my kids will go) has a strict uniform code & I agree with it.

You have grown old and conservative!  :D

Happens to everyone.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius