And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Monoriu on July 08, 2017, 06:51:11 PM
Quote from: viper37 on July 08, 2017, 02:52:49 PM

and imho, people who never lived in Canada shouldn't get to keep their citizenship and all the protection it entails. 

So if I had a child, he can't be a citizen?   :cry:
Imho, citizenship should be stripped for people committing serious crime, like siding with the Chinese govt instead of the pro-democracy protestors.  ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

As Canadian newspapers are still high on the forgotten Alberta's mishaps, surprisingly (not), none of them of talking about Trudeau's blatant disrepect for French speakers.  Germany is great country, but Canada can't be as organized because we have too much French blood.

And pro-Liberal wonder why I consider them anti-French :)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

I guess Trudeau has never heard of Franconia.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on July 11, 2017, 01:07:47 PM
As Canadian newspapers are still high on the forgotten Alberta's mishaps, surprisingly (not), none of them of talking about Trudeau's blatant disrepect for French speakers.  Germany is great country, but Canada can't be as organized because we have too much French blood.

Link us pls. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

To see being disorganized has a negative is definite proof of penis envy.

We can be organize too, look at us! look at us! Look, daddy I made a doodoo.

Fuck that noise.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on July 11, 2017, 01:12:54 PM

https://scaramouchee.blogspot.ca/2017/07/justin-trudeau-tells-germans-he-admires.html

original in french:
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/07/10/justin-trudeau-les-canadiens-plus-desorganises-a-cause-des-quebecois

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 11, 2017, 01:13:29 PM
To see being disorganized has a negative is definite proof of penis envy.

We can be organize too, look at us! look at us! Look, daddy I made a doodoo.

Fuck that noise.
yeah, that's the problem here.  Like Trump, Trudeau could simply shoot his fans and they would still love him.

Grey Fox

Unlike Trump, he's better than all other alternative.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on July 11, 2017, 01:12:37 PM
I guess Trudeau has never heard of Franconia.

:lol:

France as a Latin country, Québec Latin America?

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on July 11, 2017, 07:35:26 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 11, 2017, 01:12:54 PM

https://scaramouchee.blogspot.ca/2017/07/justin-trudeau-tells-germans-he-admires.html

original in french:
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/07/10/justin-trudeau-les-canadiens-plus-desorganises-a-cause-des-quebecois

Okay, now that is funny.  :lol:

Quote"You are perhaps a little more ... I'm looking for the right word – predictable? No, you're more organized, maybe, than Canadians can be. We've got enough French and Latin blood in us to be less organized."

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 11, 2017, 09:48:30 PM
Yes, 'od forbid we have an honest politician who doesn't charge 10 000$ to meet with business rep.
It would also be a real tragedy if we were to implement Harper's climate plan... oh wait, that's exactly that.
Also, not even talking about that war in Syria where we have no business to be.. oh wait, we have soldiers and planes too.
But the F-35.  Worst mistake ever.  We should buy from Boeing, a company totally respectful of free trade between America and Canada.  No not that either.  Damn, I'm gonna find one good reason!
I'm pretty sure with Trudeau we would never sign any free trade accord like the TPP or the CETA... oh wait, we signed one, and would have signed the other had the US not pulled out.  Thank you Trump?  He was certainly better than Clinton on that since she wanted to sign it...
There's got to be something...  Ah!  Got it.  The campaign financing. No wait, Trudeau is meeting with Chinese foreigners in exchange of money, and then we learn he authorize the sale of an important security company to China.  But hey, it's okay, they're our friends too, just like Russia is a friend to the US.

I'm sorry, but selfie aside, I don't see how that moron is better.

Enjoy your higher mortage rates, it just started this morning.  I hope for your family's sake than you can handle a rate hikes next time you renew.  0,25% today, 0,25% by november, another 0,5 next year and then you'll complain about the evilness of the banks :)

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on July 12, 2017, 08:18:15 AM
Quote"You are perhaps a little more ... I'm looking for the right word – predictable? No, you're more organized, maybe, than Canadians can be. We've got enough French and Latin blood in us to be less organized."
Had said something like "We've got enough Jewish blood in us to be less organized", B'Nai Brith would have marched on the parliament.

derspiess

Quote from: viper37 on July 09, 2017, 05:32:46 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on July 08, 2017, 06:51:11 PM
Quote from: viper37 on July 08, 2017, 02:52:49 PM

and imho, people who never lived in Canada shouldn't get to keep their citizenship and all the protection it entails. 

So if I had a child, he can't be a citizen?   :cry:
Imho, citizenship should be stripped for people committing serious crime, like siding with the Chinese govt instead of the pro-democracy protestors.  ;)

Do they take away your citizenship in Canada for using the wrong gender pronoun?  Is that a serious enough crime up there?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on July 12, 2017, 10:41:25 AM

Had said something like "We've got enough Jewish blood in us to be less organized", B'Nai Brith would have marched on the parliament.

Hey, I'm agreeing with you here for once.  ;) It was a seriously bone-headed and offensive thing to say, particularly in the context of Germany.  :lol:

Seems like our apologizer-in-chief has some more apologizing to do ... assuming of course that he apologizes for stuff he's done, and not merely for historic wrongs committed by others.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on July 12, 2017, 10:40:26 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 11, 2017, 09:48:30 PM
Yes, 'od forbid we have an honest politician who doesn't charge 10 000$ to meet with business rep.
It would also be a real tragedy if we were to implement Harper's climate plan... oh wait, that's exactly that.
Also, not even talking about that war in Syria where we have no business to be.. oh wait, we have soldiers and planes too.
But the F-35.  Worst mistake ever.  We should buy from Boeing, a company totally respectful of free trade between America and Canada.  No not that either.  Damn, I'm gonna find one good reason!
I'm pretty sure with Trudeau we would never sign any free trade accord like the TPP or the CETA... oh wait, we signed one, and would have signed the other had the US not pulled out.  Thank you Trump?  He was certainly better than Clinton on that since she wanted to sign it...
There's got to be something...  Ah!  Got it.  The campaign financing. No wait, Trudeau is meeting with Chinese foreigners in exchange of money, and then we learn he authorize the sale of an important security company to China.  But hey, it's okay, they're our friends too, just like Russia is a friend to the US.

I'm sorry, but selfie aside, I don't see how that moron is better.

Enjoy your higher mortage rates, it just started this morning.  I hope for your family's sake than you can handle a rate hikes next time you renew.  0,25% today, 0,25% by november, another 0,5 next year and then you'll complain about the evilness of the banks :)

Harper quit, he's not an alternative anymore.