News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on October 17, 2011, 03:18:40 PM
I have to say the chest beating of Michigan State is pretty insufferable.

You shut your mouth.  MSU is A-OK in my books.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on October 17, 2011, 03:18:40 PM
I have to say the chest beating of Michigan State is pretty insufferable.
It is as predictable as their thuggery.  That's what Lil' Bro does when he gets one up on Big Bro.  You're from Texas; you know exactly how it is (except that there has probably been no Aggie team so ill-disciplined as to collect six personal fouls in a single game).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on October 17, 2011, 03:37:01 PM
That's really funny!  Dope smoking?  Hang 'em!  Malicious Assault with Intent to Commit Grievous Bodily Harm?  A-OK in my book!   :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Death to the Big 12! Death to Texas!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/18/sports/ncaafootball/missouri-moves-closer-to-joining-sec.html?_r=3&ref=sports

QuoteMissouri Moves Closer to Joining SEC
By PETE THAMEL
Published: October 17, 2011

The University of Missouri is heading down a path to join the Southeastern Conference, said a university official with direct knowledge of the situation.

The person said that Missouri's decision to apply for membership to the SEC was "inevitable and imminent," although a specific timeframe has yet to be set. Missouri's Board of Curators will meet on Thursday and Friday at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, where the process of withdrawing from the Big 12 and applying to the SEC is expected to begin. Expansion is not listed on the agenda, but there is a private session scheduled Thursday afternoon and Friday morning.

After it applies, the person said that Missouri expected "no problems" with gathering enough votes among SEC presidents for it to become a member.

Although the interim Big 12 commissioner, Chuck Neinas, said last week that he expected Missouri to play in the Big 12 still in 2012, it was possible that it could start play in the SEC as early as next year. Missouri would become the SEC's 14th member; the league added Texas A&M in September. The SEC would prefer 14 members, as scheduling is a much simpler process with two seven-team divisions.

It is expected that the SEC presidents will tie the same caveat about legal entanglements to Missouri's application that they did to Texas A&M's. The SEC has made it clear that it wants no part of any legal problems, which held up Texas A&M's admission for more than a month.

Missouri has emerged as an unlikely linchpin in expansion, considering it has never won a Big 12 title in football. But the futures of the Big 12, the SEC and the Big East were tied to Missouri's decision.

This news dampens some optimism for the Big East, which appeared to be gaining momentum toward reviving its football fortunes. The exits of Syracuse, Pittsburgh and Texas Christian have the league struggling for survival, and Louisville and West Virginia are considered strong candidates, along with Brigham Young, for Big 12 expansion.

The Big East has made it clear that it would like to add Boise State, Air Force and Navy in football and Central Florida, Southern Methodist and Houston in all sports. The potential problem for the Big East is that it needs stability to remain attractive to potential new members.

Neinas said recently that if Missouri left, the Big 12 would settle at 10 or 12 teams. The Big 12 chairman Burns Hargis, the president of Oklahoma State, said Saturday that he would prefer a 12-team league, but acknowledged that his preference might not matter.

The loss of Missouri would leave Big 12 membership at nine, meaning a likely expansion of one or three universities, prompting more uncertainty and shuffling on the collegiate landscape.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on October 17, 2011, 05:43:16 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 17, 2011, 03:37:01 PM
That's really funny!  Dope smoking?  Hang 'em!  Malicious Assault with Intent to Commit Grievous Bodily Harm?  A-OK in my book!   :lol:

The brothers of DU - Michigan State - were very gracious when we visited in '99.  :mad:

THough I will note there is also a chapter at Michigan. :hug:

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 18, 2011, 09:13:36 AM
Death to Texas!

:rolleyes:  It's like having a little wannabe aggie right here on Languish.  Doesn't quite understand what will actually happen, but hopes against hope that it will somehow hurt Texas, regardless of the consequences for the rest of the league.

Barrister

So is the Timmy Taint so strong that the Big 12 will now rise again? :hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on October 18, 2011, 09:34:32 AM

Heck it is having one of its best seasons and certainly the best one since 2008 so evidently it is working already!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

With this level of taint, it'll probably end up as a super-mega conference after poaching Michigan, Florida, Ohio State, Bama, Southern Cal, VaTech, Wisconsin, and LSU.  And ESPN will announce they had a slight typo in the LHN contract, and instead of $300 million, it's $300 billion.

grumbler

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 18, 2011, 10:18:38 AM

With this level of taint, it'll probably end up as a super-mega conference after poaching Michigan, Florida, Ohio State, Bama, Southern Cal, VaTech, Wisconsin, and LSU.  And ESPN will announce they had a slight typo in the LHN contract, and instead of $300 million, it's $300 billion.

:lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Great quote I just heard on the idea of Leach at Arizona:

QuoteHiring Leach is like siding with the Russians in WW2. You don't feel good about it, but it dramatically increases your chance of winning.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

:lol:

But it is not like Leach is going to get you on probation or anything he is just an asshole.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Adam James deserved to be locked in a shed.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Berkut on October 19, 2011, 01:36:20 AM
Great quote I just heard on the idea of Leach at Arizona:

QuoteHiring Leach is like siding with the Russians in WW2. You don't feel good about it, but it dramatically increases your chance of winning.
So after the initial disasters he will lose a lot of ground, eventually making some crucial stops.  Finally, by year 3 he will go on the offensive with a methodical, slow, but winning formulat to grind it out.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM