News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Wyoming, in a stunning display that they are NOT the last-place team in the Mountain West, beat up on lowly UNLV 38-14.  I predict that UW will finish not last, not 2nd to last, but maybe, maybe fourth from the bottom.

Really, this is as good as it gets.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on October 16, 2011, 09:11:09 AM
Wyoming, in a stunning display that they are NOT the last-place team in the Mountain West, beat up on lowly UNLV 38-14.  I predict that UW will finish not last, not 2nd to last, but maybe, maybe fourth from the bottom.

Really, this is as good as it gets.

Time to party and burn some couches.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 16, 2011, 09:55:43 AM

Time to party and burn some couches.
Not until UW beats Colorado State.  THEN I will burn an aggie or two...those are some sort of moldy old couch, right?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Neil

Grumbler is probably sad today.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on October 16, 2011, 10:07:07 AM
Not really.  This was about what I expected.  Had the teams played before the Sparty offensive line gelled as a unit, Michigan would have had the edge.  As it was, RichRod's decision to neglect recruiting any linebackers until last year made an even decent Sparty O-line look great.

Michigan will lose one more this year, I think.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on October 16, 2011, 01:46:27 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 16, 2011, 10:07:07 AM
Not really.  This was about what I expected.  Had the teams played before the Sparty offensive line gelled as a unit, Michigan would have had the edge.  As it was, RichRod's decision to neglect recruiting any linebackers until last year made an even decent Sparty O-line look great.

Michigan will lose one more this year, I think.
You might not be disappointed in the result, as you were expecting it, but surely you would rather Michigan have won?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on October 16, 2011, 01:48:55 PM
You might not be disappointed in the result, as you were expecting it, but surely you would rather Michigan have won?

I'm sure he would, but Michigan is showing obvious signs of improvement after RichRod's attempted destruction of the program, which has to help a lot.  Revenge on Sparty will come.

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on October 16, 2011, 01:48:55 PM
:huh:  Of course.  Why on earth would you question that?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 16, 2011, 02:00:20 PM
I'm sure he would, but Michigan is showing obvious signs of improvement after RichRod's attempted destruction of the program, which has to help a lot.  Revenge on Sparty will come.
The offense has, I think, taken a step back from where it was last year.  The defense is much, much better, though still hampered by lack of players in a few key positions.  The freshmen are playing very well, though, and next year should see a big leap forward on both sides of the ball.  The only key loss will be David Molk at center.

Bayraktar!

Habsburg

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: grumbler on October 16, 2011, 03:15:57 PM
The offense has, I think, taken a step back from where it was last year.  The defense is much, much better, though still hampered by lack of players in a few key positions.  The freshmen are playing very well, though, and next year should see a big leap forward on both sides of the ball.  The only key loss will be David Molk at center.

How's Robinson, btw?  I didn't see the game, but I understand he left at some point with an injury?

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 16, 2011, 03:19:27 PM
Quote from: grumbler on October 16, 2011, 03:15:57 PM

How's Robinson, btw?  I didn't see the game, but I understand he left at some point with an injury?

A Spartoon body slammed him.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 16, 2011, 03:19:27 PM
He was in the press conference.  Nothing serious, and he'll start next game (after the bye week).  Luckily, Gholston's thug move when Dernard was immobilized by the pile doesn't appear to have succeeded.

I wonder what the Sparties and B10 front office will do, now that it is clear the refs missed the head twist completely (they just flagged for the late hit).

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

LSU
Alabama
Oklahoma
OSU
Boise St.
Wisconsin
Clemson
Stanford
Arkansas
Oregon
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point