News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Boise doesn't want to go to a failed conference - they have always made incremental moves up.  The Big East right now is seen as a conference on the way down, and they do not want that. 
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

11 turnovers in the Hawaii - SJSU game now.  Six INTs (3 each), five fumbles lost (3 HAW, 2 SJSU). 

Edit:  Ahaha SJSU just returned a blocked PAT for the two point conversion.  I don't think I've ever seen that "live" before.

Edit2:  Holy shit now they just blocked a field goal that would have put Hawaii up by 8.

Edit3:  :lmfao:  :lmfao:  12 turnovers now after a SJSU fumble on a really long play with less than 3:00 to go.

And on the potentially game winning touchdown pass, ESPN just leaves the camera on the SJSU QB.  Nice work, guys.

San Jose Sate wins by one. 

Valmy

Did the Big East really just invite SMU, UH, and UCF?  Dear Hod.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Hey Valmy, you see the Texas-Texas A&M game isn't happening again until at least 2018?  I'm having trouble caring.

E:  The 2018 OOC schedule so far has one open spot.  9/1 @Maryland (it says Landover, so FedEx Field), 9/15 Southern Cal.  Nothing else.  Notre Dame is, so far, the only team on the schedules in 2019 and 2020.  Prior to that, there are three every year, with the BCS matchups being Ole Miss (2012,2013), @Arkansas (2014), Notre Dame (2015,2016), Cal (2015,2016), and the other @USC and Maryland games in 2017.   Also BYU in 2013 and 2014, if they, as independents, can be counted.   

Wyoming is coming to Austin next year, PDH, as if you didn't know already.  I kinda wish that was a more regular game, but that's the last time the Cowboys are on the schedule.

Oh I guess if UCF accepts the Big East invite, and that AQ bid is still there and all that, they'll be a BCS school.  The Horns play them in 2017.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PDH

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 15, 2011, 12:16:32 AM
Wyoming is coming to Austin next year, PDH, as if you didn't know already.  I kinda wish that was a more regular game, but that's the last time the Cowboys are on the schedule.
Oh I know, and I expect Wyoming to do the "roll over and get butt pummeled" routine they always do.  Still, last time was great with the Valmster.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Michigan State is trying everything in its power to let Michigan win.

Sparty.  :rolleyes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

I will now give me prediction for the Illbuck game:

Luke Fickell will keep inserting Bauserman into the game, just to give me a stroke. He will alternate between his beginner's guide to playcalling coloring book and Tressel's green playbook.

Illinois 34
Ohio State 10

jimmy olsen

WTF! Back to Back Kickoffs for Touchdowns!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 15, 2011, 02:12:35 PM

Luke Fickell will keep inserting Bauserman into the game, just to give me a stroke. He will alternate between his beginner's guide to playcalling coloring book and Tressel's green playbook.

Illinois 34
Ohio State 10

Har. BOY WAS I WRONG.

Fickell recovered the ancient Woody Hayes playbook from the sub basement. 100 papyrus pages of running plays and 5 scraps with passing plays. One completed pass.  :lol: For a TD.  :lol:

Also, the Zookster needs to brush up on when to call timeouts. His 4th qtr playcalling was suspect.

Eddie Teach

Nailbiter against Vandy. Whew.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Alcibiades

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 15, 2011, 05:34:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 15, 2011, 02:12:35 PM

Illinois 34
Ohio State 10

Har. BOY WAS I WRONG.

Fickell recovered the ancient Woody Hayes playbook from the sub basement. 100 papyrus pages of running plays and 5 scraps with passing plays. One completed pass.  :lol: For a TD.  :lol:

Also, the Zookster needs to brush up on when to call timeouts. His 4th qtr playcalling was suspect.

Yeah it was total shit.  How do you lose when a team only has one completion the whole game?  :face:

Here's where I was the whole game: 

I was going to try to get a picture with Bucky holding a sign saying Ed Anger sucks, but it would have been a lot of :effort:, despite him only being about 50 feet away from me.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Alcibiades on October 15, 2011, 10:43:44 PM
I was going to try to get a picture with Bucky holding a sign saying Ed Anger sucks, but it would have been a lot of :effort:, despite him only being about 50 feet away from me.

:lol:

That would have been totally worth it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr

The Oregon-ASU game went about as I expected.

Arizona State is talented enough to make it the most interesting game the Ducks have played so far, but ASU is not talented enough to overcome the absurd, mind-boggling mental mistakes every Dennis Erickson team makes.  The Sun Devils had 4 persona fouls in the first half, I didn't catch much of the second half.

Hopefully Darron Thomas will be OK.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Alcibiades on October 15, 2011, 10:43:44 PM

:lol:  I would have laughed.