And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 13, 2011, 11:28:40 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 13, 2011, 11:11:23 PM
They do, and they run it really well-- though unfortunately only for a quarter or half each game.  In the game against Bowling Green they had to run the ball quite a bit to win, but otherwise it's been air raid.

A quarter or half each game?  Are they a little inconsistent, or are they just blowing everyone out (or both)?

Both, sorta.  What usually happens is they come out flat in the first half, and then really tear it up in the 3rd quarter.  By the middle of the 4th quarter they are up by such a huge margin that they coast for the rest of the game.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

You know the fanbase is demoralized after that stomping by OU when this is all Bill in Sinton has to say about this week's game:

Quote from: Bill in SintonGO HORNS! BEAT OKLAHOMA STATE!     

Focus!! Fight and Win!

Synergy. Come on Horn fans. You know what to do. What say Ye?!

I say HOLD OKLAHOMA STATE UNDER 50 Horns!

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 14, 2011, 10:33:15 AM
No car flags?  :(

No :(

Without car flags how can Texas hope to stop Justin Blackmon?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Berkut on October 13, 2011, 10:02:44 PM
This is kind of interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZaOFTp5_C8&feature=player_embedded

I am pretty torn on the idea of Leach. He really does seem like a bit of a sleazeball.

And from a football standpoint, I wonder if he would continue to succeed - much of his success at TT was based on his being one of the frontrunners of the spread offense. That isn't some new fangled hard to defend offense anymore.

Realistically Leach's offense is a lot different from the spread. A more traditional spread was ran by say, Urban Meyer, and is pretty common across the country. It's been awhile since I watched B1G games but I seem to remember a few B1G schools are running a traditional spread now. Michigan was running the "spread-option" under Rodriguez (and I think he could have had success there if he had cared at all about defense and also not forced an entire team that had never ran anything aside from a traditional Michigan offense to change 100% over one offseason.)

Houston/OK. State/WVU all run a Leach style offense and having seen more traditional spreads I can say it's a different beast, they probably are the only 3 schools in the country running it.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 14, 2011, 11:00:40 AM
Michigan was running the "spread-option" under Rodriguez (and I think he could have had success there if he had cared at all about defense and also not forced an entire team that had never ran anything aside from a traditional Michigan offense to change 100% over one offseason.) 
If RichRod had only learned to coach players, and not just schemes...
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

dps

A 22-team conference?  That's just nuts.

Of course, they won't be able to hold on to all those teams anyway, but still.

sbr

Teh Big East is going to extend a football only invitation to Boise State, Navy, and Air Force and all sports for Central Florida.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-bigeastexpansion

MadImmortalMan

Why would they accept that? The BEast is about to lose their auto-bid and finally join the list of lower-tier conferences officially.

PDH

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 14, 2011, 05:51:44 PM
The C-USA and MWC conferences are merging for football:  http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/32718514

:hmm:
I think it is mostly a championship game between the winners of each conference...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: PDH on October 14, 2011, 07:19:19 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 14, 2011, 05:51:44 PM
The C-USA and MWC conferences are merging for football:  http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/32718514

:hmm:
I think it is mostly a championship game between the winners of each conference...

Yeah because it gives them a better argument to take the BEast's auto-bid.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 14, 2011, 06:23:19 PM
Why would they accept that? The BEast is about to lose their auto-bid and finally join the list of lower-tier conferences officially.
If West Virginia stays, then them and Boise State will have won enough to salvage the AQ bid I think.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Turnover fest in the Hawaii - SDSU game so far.

The ticker scrolling across the bottom is saying Boise and Air Force are going to turn the Big East down ("sources").