TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen k

Valmy

Quote from: citizen k on February 22, 2016, 02:33:08 AM

Vikings Historical Accuracy and Season 4 Predictions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBehjjt6V70

I like how he had to warn us that he will be spoiling events that happened a thousand years ago :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 21, 2016, 07:48:27 PM
Subbed is better. In every case.  ;)

Not for "so-bad-it's-good" movies e.g bad kung fu/ninja/whatever B or Z-grade movies.  :contract:  :P

PS: no question subbed is better for movies à la Star Wars. OTOH, Jar Jar Binks was even more atrocious dubbed; Ep. I was a kid movie so dubs were plenty.

viper37

Quote from: citizen k on February 22, 2016, 02:33:08 AM

Vikings Historical Accuracy and Season 4 Predictions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBehjjt6V70
I just realized the French princess is Roman Polanski's daughter.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

The Wolverine. Not as bad as the first one, but still pretty meh. I like the character and I like Jackman playing it a lot, so here's hoping they are able to get at least one good Wolverine flick out.

Liep

Planet Earth II is coming later this year and it'll all be in 4K. I might need to upgrade from my 720p. :hmm:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

What We Do In The Shadows- Very funny mockumentary about a bunch of vampires sharing a flat in New Zealand, just going about their mundane vampire lives..... Written by and starring one of the Flight of the Conchords guys,
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on February 23, 2016, 06:43:05 PM
What We Do In The Shadows- Very funny mockumentary about a bunch of vampires sharing a flat in New Zealand, just going about their mundane vampire lives..... Written by and starring one of the Flight of the Conchords guys,

That film's a riot. Loved it.

Sophie Scholl

So.  Has anyone seen The Witch yet?  I plan on watching it within the next few days.  Rotten Tomatoes has very high numbers from critics and mediocre from regular viewers.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Haven't seen it, Hell just catching up by watching The Revenant the afternoon :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: katmai on February 23, 2016, 10:27:18 PM
Haven't seen it, Hell just catching up by watching The Revenant the afternoon :P
Caught that the other day.  Posted a review a couple pages ago.  What did you think?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

I thought it was beautifully shot. (main reason went to see it was realized I've only caught Fury Road and Sicario of the Best Cinematography nominees, Hateful 8 and Carol aren't playing anymore locally, so missed out on those)

I liked it, still behind those other two I did catch for films that i liked from 2015.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

Watched the last of the new X-files episodes.  Dreadful.  There was one good one, and it was the comedy one.  I can suspend disbelief as much as the next guy, but everything the main characters say is just insane and doesn't even fit together logically.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on February 24, 2016, 12:54:11 AM
Watched the last of the new X-files episodes.  Dreadful.  There was one good one, and it was the comedy one.  I can suspend disbelief as much as the next guy, but everything the main characters say is just insane and doesn't even fit together logically.

I wish Languish had comedy episodes. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Some people managed to restore the original Star Wars to hd quality, no Lucas edits:
http://thestarwarstrilogy.com/starwars/post/2016/01/15/Team-Negative-One-completes-35mm-Restoration-of-Star-Wars

Given the media attention, they disbanded after their last release, 5 seconds of The Empire Strikes Back.
They set out to prove it could be done, contrary to Lucas' assertions, so they proved it.

We might eventually see a restored - no edits version of SW when the rights revert back to Disney.  Unless Lucas sends someone to permantly destroy the original print :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.