News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 27, 2016, 03:31:15 AM
"Sabrina" (the older, Audrey Hepburn/Humphrey Bogart version).

Give old, boring, stick-in-the-muds like me hope for young love.  :cry:

That you can be an old man and still find a much younger bride? :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: garbon on February 27, 2016, 03:35:56 AM

Are you calling Bogie a sicko?  :mad:

Eddie Teach

I don't think Lauren Bacall ever remarried.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 27, 2016, 09:29:31 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 27, 2016, 03:35:56 AM

Are you calling Bogie a sicko?  :mad:

Well not more than Fred Astaire in Funny Face.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

celedhring

The new Star Trek show has hired Nicholas Meyer (writer/director of Wrath of Khan, Voyage Home, and Undiscovered Country) as writer for the show.

It's been a long time, but that's a cool hire,

Josquius

So, it seems netflix has started cracking down hard on proxies, I can't access it with mine turned on anymore :(

I'm thinking to invest in some sort of cheap computer to set up at my parents house and setup for remote access. Wonder if its possible to do this to access British netflix and iplayer.
If so...Any Canadians want to team up so I can have Canadian netflix? :p
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

It seems there's a Pokemon anime marathon on Twitch to celebrate the game's 20 year anniversary.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Catching up on Daredevil. 5 episodes in. Enjoying it a lot. Vincent D'Onofrio is absolutely killing it as Kingpin.

Watched the first two episodes of Better Call Saul Season 2. Picks up where it left off; enjoying it a fair bit.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on February 28, 2016, 01:15:23 PM
Catching up on Daredevil. 5 episodes in. Enjoying it a lot. Vincent D'Onofrio is absolutely killing it as Kingpin.

Watched the first two episodes of Better Call Saul Season 2. Picks up where it left off; enjoying it a fair bit.

Kingpin and Vanessa are definitely the highlight of season 1.

viper37

Ferris fest
I knew the movie was popular, cult-movie status&all, didn't know it was that popular, though.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

I didn't know Breakfast Club was set in Chicagoland.

celedhring

New Total Recall flick. Terrible, they even manage to make Beckinsdale and Biel look not really that hot.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 28, 2016, 05:50:28 PM
I didn't know Breakfast Club was set in Chicagoland.
All of Hughes films were in Illinoise
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son