News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

What are the chances a US Attorney for the Southern District of NY uses an Apple laptop?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 19, 2016, 12:18:37 PM
What are the chances a US Attorney for the Southern District of NY uses an Apple laptop?

Is there only one at a given time? Then I'd say around 10-20%.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 19, 2016, 10:49:48 AM
Quote from: celedhring on February 18, 2016, 07:11:08 PM
Riddick. After the ridiculous "Chronicles of Riddick", they obviously try to go back to basics and leave Riddick stranded on yet another planet populated with dangerous predators. The film, however, is quite terrible, and seems to completely misunderstand what made "Pitch Black" work.

I enjoy that type of simple plot/no story sci fi with action and some alien monsters thrown in. I liked Riddick.

And Chronicles does suck.

I liked Pitch Black, but that one had Riddick being the hard bastard leading a bunch of  "gentler"  characters, so it had a good dynamic going on. Jack, in particular, was the anchor that humanized Riddick and gave a bit of emotional depth to a straight-forward (and effective) scifi action flick.
Meanwhile  half of Riddick has Vin Diesel play the role of the monster (while the supposed villains are the hapless prey),  and in the second half he teams up with that bunch of assholes to save themselves of a threat Riddick himself conjured. Then somehow you have to believe that they end up being best buds despite the fact Riddick has killed most of their companions. Everything that happens in the film seemed to me utterly pointless.

It's better than Chronicles, I'll give you that. God, that one is truly terrible.

Admiral Yi

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 19, 2016, 03:08:24 PM
Get me rewrite!  :P

Not really, but I admit that my profession has deeply affected the way I watch films.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on February 19, 2016, 03:17:32 PM
Not really, but I admit that my profession has deeply affected the way I watch films.

i was cracking on your multiple edits.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 19, 2016, 03:18:45 PM
Quote from: celedhring on February 19, 2016, 03:17:32 PM

i was cracking on your multiple edits.

Oh! I admit that I do that a lot in forums  :blush:

That's probably a professional thingie too. I just can't stop touching up everything I write.

lustindarkness

Quote from: celedhring on February 19, 2016, 02:07:38 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on February 19, 2016, 10:49:48 AM
Quote from: celedhring on February 18, 2016, 07:11:08 PM
Riddick. After the ridiculous "Chronicles of Riddick", they obviously try to go back to basics and leave Riddick stranded on yet another planet populated with dangerous predators. The film, however, is quite terrible, and seems to completely misunderstand what made "Pitch Black" work.

I enjoy that type of simple plot/no story sci fi with action and some alien monsters thrown in. I liked Riddick.

And Chronicles does suck.

I liked Pitch Black, but that one had Riddick being the hard bastard leading a bunch of  "gentler"  characters, so it had a good dynamic going on. Jack, in particular, was the anchor that humanized Riddick and gave a bit of emotional depth to a straight-forward (and effective) scifi action flick.
Meanwhile  half of Riddick has Vin Diesel play the role of the monster (while the supposed villains are the hapless prey),  and in the second half he teams up with that bunch of assholes to save themselves of a threat Riddick himself conjured. Then somehow you have to believe that they end up being best buds despite the fact Riddick has killed most of their companions. Everything that happens in the film seemed to me utterly pointless.

It's better than Chronicles, I'll give you that. God, that one is truly terrible.

Not pointless to him, he got off the planet so that he can make more Riddick sequels.  ;)

I loved the movie, but I don't overthink my movies, specially sci fi ones.  :lol:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

celedhring

Percy Jackson flick (second one) coming up on the telly. I suppose it's terrible, but it has Alexandra Daddario in it  :blush:

katmai

Quote from: celedhring on February 19, 2016, 03:37:30 PM
Percy Jackson flick (second one) coming up on the telly. I suppose it's terrible, but it has Alexandra Daddario in it  :blush:
We've had the talk about future ex-mrs. katmai <_<
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Loving the return of Vikings. Watching it on the History Chanel right now.

celedhring

Heh, Nathan Fillon shows up in this crap, and even has time to drop a "Firefly was cancelled too soon" joke.

Film's terrible so far, I'd say that not even Daddario's lovely big, hum, eyes can save it. But they can.

Norgy

Quote from: Martinus on February 19, 2016, 04:42:06 PM

I wish it was about actual vikings.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on February 19, 2016, 04:07:03 PM
e've had the talk about future ex-mrs. katmai <_<

I don't think anyone mentioned Sarah Palin. :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: Norgy on February 19, 2016, 05:18:18 PM
Quote from: Martinus on February 19, 2016, 04:42:06 PM

I wish it was about actual vikings.

Well, they don't sing Power Metal songs around a campfire, I'll give you that.  But aside this very minor nitpick, it ain't so bad.  ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.